1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Libs tricks

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Fluffy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Seems they may be at it again just like strathfield council 10 years ago with state and fed MP's pencilled in as knowing.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/shire-madness-state-and-federal-mps-embroiled-in-preselection-battle-20120718-22aqj.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    The only issue I have with the Libs is the climate change deniers amongst them. I have been having a debate with one of them up here, who is using that as his tool to debate the carbon tax.

Even though I agree with him that the carbon tax is so horribly flawed, he still carries on telling us that climate change isn't happening.

3. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Both sides of politics have skeletons in their closets Gav and neither side at the moment is any better or worse than the other. There is no leader or potential leader in Australia that has a vision for the future and we are stuck with the choice between Abbott, Gillard and possibly Rudd. That is enough to make people lie awake at night having nightmares

http://pickeringpost.com/news/gillard-the-story-she-tried-to-kill/66

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I agree Tookey. It would be good to see maybe Swan elevated as he seems balanced and maybe Turnbull for the Libs as at least he isn't a raving loon. I'm not positive those two are the right ones but I think most Aussies have had enough of the efforts of the existing leaders. I know a lot want Rudd back but despite his high work ethics he seems incapable of delivering and has a touch of Latham about him. I think this is one of the lowest points I can remember in a lifetime of following our political 'leaders'.

5. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    The problem is that i don't think there will be any new potential leaders emerge until after the next election.

6. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I posted that link in the other politics thread a few days ago.
    The PM has much to answer for. The " I was young and stupid" line just doesn't wash.

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    WAMF, I thought this article sent shivers through Labor
    http://www.silvertails.net/news/6286-sea-eagles-right-wing-has-opponents-in-a-flap
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    agree.

The line of a strong government needs a strong opposition seems very apparent over the last 20 years