Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we are getting rid of knight, Lawrence, vave, starling, who are we recruiting

All their eggs in the Gillette basket , and if Jack Reed gets a medical retirement " bingo" he's a Donkey for life!!

Really smart recruitment happening at present BUT, ill wait and see before criticising too much.

So we'll pick up other teams' wayward "bad boys" but won't stick by one of our own, even after he signed an extension last year? Our recruitment decisions continue to leave me dumbfounded.

Come on let's give them the benefit of the doubt how do we know what his behaviour has been like since the driving incident. Perhaps he has not toed the line. From what I have heard the driving incident wasn't his only indiscretion.

Liam then is just like JWH back in 2010 - Manly will rue the day they flicked him :cool:

The docile men that Baz admires - Api, Brown, Wiliame, Taupua have got us to the Bottom 4.:mad:

Then the criminal element that have actually caused others bodily harm, that Manly are so keen on, have the Sponsors leaving :confused:

#NewEra

Most sides have a "bad boy" two these days, you need them to instill fear in the opposition forwards, we should never have lost JWH but only time will tell if Knight becomes the superstar we let go.

Maybe they just dont rate knight?? We all thought demetreu was going to be decent in the nrl and look how that played out..
Maybe moving on knight had more to do with ability than it did his antics???
Only seen a handful of his games, but compare his nrl debut to that of fonua-blake, he stormed on the scene and looked like an nrl player straight away, knight.. Not so much

Wow, we can sign Shaun never been Lane but are letting Liam go?

I am absolutely disgusted and this hurts. He is a Manly boy and is talented with out a doubt, this decision is beyond moronic. This kid will go far and has not been handed a silver spoon like some young kids on the beaches. He and his family have worked hard to get where they are and are just lovely people.

Now don't tell me that we do not have problems with recruitment, we definitely do and the franchise is a shambles. Unbelievable.

Obviously paying overs for (maybe Uate), Brown, Myles, Api is a far better decision.....NOT.

And signing Wiliame, Wright and Winterstein were also good signings.....NOT.

And having Hopoate number whatever who will flick Manly as fast as **** if he gets offered more money and has zero loyalty.

Think the final straw is about to placed for this franchise to reach yet another low of complete and utter incompetence and delusion.

Last edited:
Most sides have a "bad boy" two these days, you need them to instill fear in the opposition forwards, we should never have lost JWH but only time will tell if Knight becomes the superstar we let go.

Who knows....maybe Meehan or Hopoate will be the next forward superstar?

I know nothing at all about itvamd am only speculating, but perhaps the coaching staff did not see enough effort from Liam to right the wrongs? Maybe the other two have.

Time will certainly tell. I am happy to have Meehan and Hopoate in the team next year (provided they have and continue to pull their heads in)

Maybe they just dont rate knight?? We all thought demetreu was going to be decent in the nrl and look how that played out..
Maybe moving on knight had more to do with ability than it did his antics???
Only seen a handful of his games, but compare his nrl debut to that of fonua-blake, he stormed on the scene and looked like an nrl player straight away, knight.. Not so much
Well it might be becasue Knigh broke his foot in the first tackle, but played on for 30 minutes in his NRL debut. :wait:

I don't see what AFB brings apart from a big arse. :wondering:
He has no speed or an off load like that sloth Trex did on a good day.

Lets hope that the off season, with a new defensive Coach, will teach our forwards the joys of running straight and hard at the opposition :)

I live in hope that one of them may be aware enough to off load to a player in a better position, been years since we've had a Gifty like forward :(

So we'll pick up other teams' wayward "bad boys" but won't stick by one of our own, even after he signed an extension last year? Our recruitment decisions continue to leave me dumbfounded.

If he turns out to be as good as good as Weara- Hargreaves, the club will have a bit of explaining to do.

Liam then is just like JWH back in 2010 - Manly will rue the day they flicked him :cool:

The docile men that Baz admires - Api, Brown, Wiliame, Taupua have got us to the Bottom 4.:mad:

Then the criminal element that have actually caused others bodily harm, that Manly are so keen on, have the Sponsors leaving :confused:

#NewEra
Taupau has got us to the bottom 4?? Are you serious?? He started off slow but has been one of our most damaging players & has finished off strongly. Not sure how you came to the conclusion he's been bad??

Taupau has got us to the bottom 4?? Are you serious?? He started off slow but has been one of our most damaging players & has finished off strongly. Not sure how you came to the conclusion he's been bad??
Taupua is a docile giant, he carts the ball up but never creates a second phase in attack. Most of his offloads are to the ground :cool:

I didn't say that he was bad, but he does not have the mongrel that can turn a game like say Darcy or JWH/Knight :shake:

Plus Taupua's strength but lack of technique, has had him suspended twice already. He was lucky the Bird KO didn't get him 4 weeks plus :mad:

Well it might be becasue Knigh broke his foot in the first tackle, but played on for 30 minutes in his NRL debut. :wait:

I don't see what AFB brings apart from a big arse. :wondering:
He has no speed or an off load like that sloth Trex did on a good day.

Lets hope that the off season, with a new defensive Coach, will teach our forwards the joys of running straight and hard at the opposition :)

I live in hope that one of them may be aware enough to off load to a player in a better position, been years since we've had a Gifty like forward :(
Isn't Bozo the new defensive coach.

So Vave , Starling gone. Lawrence , Knight rumours gone. Obviously the game changes next year and you don't need props. :eek:@:eek::confused:

A rumour about us releasing Knight and perhaps getting Sam Moa. Wow, how ridiculous.....I do not rate Moa and he will be 31 next year............?? :banghead:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4