Liam Knight - 2nd tier salary cap problem? (good article)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2nd tier cap aside, I really like what Barrett said about Knight.
Talking of the coach, last Sunday when he was down on the sideline cheering his guts out as Tommy.T was racing away, was the first time I've seen a display of emotion and passion from him. It was very refreshing. He needs to channel this and bring it to his players and to every match.

The Salary Cap for 2015 is $6.1m for the 25 highest remunerated players at each club. All other players that play NRL in the current year must fit under a $460,000 Salary Cap.

Going by the above from the NRL website, the Tier 1 Salary Cap applies to your top 25 earning players, regardless of whether they play first grade or not (i.e. you don't nominate a top 25, it is set by who you pay the most money to).

Anyone want to have a stab at our top 25 earners. Then we might be able to guess who is using 2nd tier cap space. Sounds like job for @Turbo , he loves a list.

Talking of the coach, last Sunday when he was down on the sideline cheering his guts out as Tommy.T was racing away, was the first time I've seen a display of emotion and passion from him. It was very refreshing. He needs to channel this and bring it to his players and to every match.
Agree, I was glad to see it, too. Prior to this, I thought Barrett too passive & wondered if the crappy games annoyed him as much as they do us.

So if we aren't given that dispensation we may be playing with 16 players instead of 17?
As bad as the NRL are at times, there is no way they will allow 16 players to be fielded instead of 17. They will have to give dispensation if our numbers go that low; however, we have players in our top 25 that are playing NSW cup.

The NRL can block Liam coming up if we have hit our cap limit, and tell us to utilise players in our top 25. This would mean Mateo etc will have to come up.

Top 25 for this year would be -
Snake, Taufua, Turbo, Satini, Wright, Williame, Killer, Matai, Walker, Mateo, DCE, Lawrence, Jake, Myles, Lussick, Vave, Starling, Buhrer, Taupau, Symonds, Brown, Burgess, Api, Parcell, Hodges.

Vave may not be in the top 25 salary cap wise though Beaver. Him playing a lot is one of the reasons out second tier is being stretched to it's limits. I'd say with BJ out now, since they play the same position (which NRL take into account too) that Vave (if he is/was out of the top 25 highest paid) will receive dispensation and not count towards the 2nd tier cap for extra first grade payments for the rest of the season.

We have lost 4 out of the 25 for the year (Hodges, Matai, Lawrence and Symonds). Makes it more difficult not being able to replace them or use other players to cover for them.

Top 25 for this year would be -
Snake, Taufua, Turbo, Satini, Wright, Williame, Killer, Matai, Walker, Mateo, DCE, Lawrence, Jake, Myles, Lussick, Vave, Starling, Buhrer, Taupau, Symonds, Brown, Burgess, Api, Parcell, Hodges.
Probably pretty close. Maybe Leary squeezes in there, but there wouldn't be much between he, Vave and Satini

Good. He was keen in the warm up on Sunday, and he looks bigger than the rest of our forwards.
That's good news. He is a whole-hearted player which is what we need.
I'm sure we'll hold the Titans in the forwards, but fear they will score plenty of soft tries through their pacy backs.

To be honest mateo should be playing if uninjured anyway. having guys like parcell and walker running off his offloads would be deadly. Seems to be what we are lacking at the moment.
Maybe Barrett is trying to offload Mateo so that he does not have to play him like he had been doing with Symonds.

I assume now TRed is gone, his part if the cap goes as well UNLESS we've paid to get rid of him ( which would be a ****ing joke considering our injury issues)???

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6