Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Garts

First Grader
Who will admit to wanting him in our top 17 when all players are fully fit after the Panthers game? He is ok as a back up half but not a top 17 player.

I am not going to hang DCE as he is class but gee he needs to take more control. He took some very, very poor options tonight.

Woeful decisions twice when we were in good range. Don't bring him within a whif

Yep, said it all along mate. He'd make an awesome utility in the mould of Ryan Hinchcliffe. Jesus he's a good defender !

Garts said:
He is well below average Ryan. Thank christ you are not coach.

Disagree. I rate the kid. Sorry. Also, he's played 6 first grade games. Give the kid some time to develop. Jeez.

He tackled his arse off all night and was strong in that area, good enough for me

The Eagle said:
I think he is obviously not first grade material

CUT CUT

That is good enough for me

Sign him up long term, he is going to make it

Ryan said:
Garts said:

Disagree. I rate the kid. Sorry. Also, he's played 6 first grade games. Give the kid some time to develop. Jeez.

Rate? I will be more than happy to be wrong but he is just average. I am happy for him as back up and to re-sign him but he is not top 17 imo, especially as a half.

Garts said:
Ryan said:
Garts said:

Rate? I will be more than happy to wrong but he is just average. I am happy for him as back up and to re-sign him but he is not top 17 imo, especially as a half.

Six games dude.
Also, his long kicking game is great.
He actually had a leading hand in our 30-0 win.

How many 5/8's come into the game, and explode onto the scene after 6 games?

Like I say, I see a lot of Hinchliffe in him, and he played City / Country, so that "type" of players has tangible value.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. Darcy Lussick
16. George Rose
17. Jamie Buhrer

He's 24, not a kid in footballing terms, hes 3 years older than his brother.

having said that he is not in our team if everyone is available, but depth wins comps, and he can play when needed.

Handy to hang on to if he isnt too expensive.

Kiwi Eagle said:
He tackled his arse off all night and was strong in that area, good enough for me

The Eagle said:

CUT CUT

Yes he defended bloody well. But do you a pick a half purely on their defensive ability? Would you have him in your top 17 if all players are fully fit?

I am in Ryan's camp on this one

6 games in, and think back to the assessments of Matai, G Stewart, Bhurer, T rex etc at that point of their career

Not saying i think he can hit their heights, but thought we would have learnt something by now from all these blokes

Garts said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

The Eagle said:

CUT CUT

Yes he defended bloody well. But do you a pick a half purely on their defensive ability? Would you have in your top 17 if all players are fully fit?

Well obviously not if your 2 international halves are fit, that doesn't really detract from him as a player though

Nope disagree Kiwi, we are his 4th club and he is 24. Nothing like the guys you have mentioned above. If you want to try and compare someone who kicked on after a number of clubs and at a later age use someone like Hall to back up your argument.

Funny one this I thought he went OK, my mate said cr@p. which means he is one of those players that has good aspects to his game, and some obvious points to work on

He is inexperienced so you've got to cut him some slack.

Took some wrong options tonight but definitely couldn't be accused of not having a go. Get some coaching into him and he will be more than handy.

Garts said:
Nope disagree Kiwi, we are his 4th club and he is 24. Nothing like the guys you have mentioned above. If you want to try and compare someone who kicked on after a number of clubs and at a later age use someone like Hall to back up your argument.

Don't really care what his age is or how many clubs tbh, he is still just 6 games into a career which isn't enough to properly judge anything imo
Attack wise we don't really know what his instructions are, there was chat that Toovey just told him to kick long and defend, whether that is the case or not, who knows

I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but won't say he will never be an NRL level player as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6