Let's go Shopping, your player wishlist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no way the Dogs will let Klemmer go; they know they have a future rep star on their hands and they would release Kasiano before they'd release Klemmer.
Sure, but i bet klemmer wouldnt mind joining us, pay rise, starting week in week out, beaches and hey! if not we can always go for t.burgess or tamou (Cows are shopping him around, would be good if we got him in form)

Sure, but i bet klemmer wouldnt mind joining us, pay rise, starting week in week out, beaches and hey! if not we can always go for t.burgess or tamou (Cows are shopping him around, would be good if we got him in form)
I would bet my house on him not leaving. He just played for Australia, and Des is no dummy. He is under contract so he wouldn't be released unless the Dogs didn't want him (which is not the case) and by the time he comes up again for contract, the Dogs will have put steps in place (cap space + 3rd party deals) to ensure that their offer is too good to refuse.

The only time you will ever get a player from the Roosters or the Dogs is if they are unwanted....you can't steal from these clubs, you just have to wait for their dish off, and it's never the player they want to keep that gets dished off.

There is no way the Dogs will let Klemmer go; they know they have a future rep star on their hands and they would release Kasiano before they'd release Klemmer.
I would have thought so as well, but just offered Kasiano a 3 yr deal worth $550k per season. I think they will release Eastwood and Pritchard and upgrade Klemmer. I'd love to get him though, but unlikely as you say.

Last edited:
I would have thought so as well, but just offered Kasiano a 3 yr deal worth $550k per season. I think they will release Eastwood and Pritchard and upgrade Klemmer. I'd love to get him though, but unlikely as you say.
Eastwood would be a great signing IMO, especially as a big backrower would go a long way

I'm way behind in life and just watching the chooks/bunny game. Sam Moa looks awesome and would do me. Bribe Smith @ NRL HQ and make it happen! JWH is floundering around again getting angry so Sam 4 me.

Was Des Hasler on the radio recently?? Mate of mine told me that Des was on the radio and said that hodkinson was well into talks with Manly.

Let's go after Kurtley Beale, he's a born entertainer. The Phil Blake "chip over the top" would come back into vogue at Manly :)

Sure he has the odd mistake in him but he'd put bums on seats.

Was Des Hasler on the radio recently?? Mate of mine told me that Des was on the radio and said that hodkinson was well into talks with Manly.
That should read well into talks with Canterbury.

I would like to see Hoppa back and any of the Burgess brothers.

In relation to the halves - let's be honest - the big name halves who are potentially available (Carney, Hodko, Maloney etc.) are all rubbish. I don't think we should go after any of them. We should sign the kid who we think will be the next DCE - or maybe even 2 of them. Maybe that's Kane Elgey, maybe it's somebody else. I'd trust Dave Warwick to work it out. Put them under Tooves and Joey and by the end of next year they will become a solid first grader at worst (ie. equivalent of the players mentioned above imo) or a rising star at best.

Other than that, we should just look for opportunities like we always do. There's no need to panic. That will only lead to poor recruitment decisions.

Right on. No knee-jerk recruitment decisions. Though I do think we need to move fairly fast to find this rising star, since everyone is going to know we're on the war-path and start toi lock up their talent before we arrive...

hodko would be good but i would prioritise kane elgey over any other halves on the market, not just for his development but for tommy turbos. Put elgey at 7 killer at 6 taufua at 3 and t.trbojevic at 2 until stewart retires. wouldnt complain if hodko came tho, would just mean tom trbojevic plays nyc for an extra year or 2. also signing joey leilua in 2017 when matai retires should be on the list. Tom Burgess to manly would be great too or even tamou if tommy stays at the tohs

I understand klemmer is highly unlikely to leave the dogs but we can at least make them pay twice as much to keep him.
Tom burgess must happen, he's huge, talented and won't break the bank. Souths have a ton of players to re-sign, that Alex Johnston is gonna cost them a pretty penny.
The roosters have players to re-sign as well. But if we can't get napa I'd certainly love tamou. I definitely want mose masoe though, he can be big Willie's replacement.

mose masoe would be a steal on the cheap, would love to go in for takairgangi for second row as hes off contract and a great player now

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8