Let's Build a Winning Side for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hiow are we saving that much when Stewart is getting the upgrade to 600K and DCE to 450K and lussick 270K

thats a loss of 300K plus good players

have you been advising Orr on conotracts?

Fluffy said:
hiow are we saving that much when Stewart is getting the upgrade to 600K and DCE to 450K and lussick 270K

thats a loss of 300K plus good players

have you been advising Orr on conotracts?

1.Learn to read.

2.Learn to spell.

3.Get back to me.

MY 2013 side looks a lot like the 2012 team less Lussick, Gulavao, Farrer and George Rose

Over $300K saved just there I would estimate.

wizball1973 said:
Haz88 said:
Im pretty sure he did re sign for another 2 years , however the last year probably has some sort of stupid clause , i assumed he only signed for 2 years so that an upgrade could take place about when the cap rises perhaps??

T rex is a beast cant lose him , we are seeing now what he can do - when he wants to be he cant be stopped.

So we all want Matai and T-Rex to stay - who is leaving then? Stewarts?

lloydy said:
Let's let the people at the club worry about 2013! Our job is to enjoy the great side we are watching run around this year!
And release T-Rex.... Wtf

If we have Foran and Cherry on massive deals and Parra offered him 600+ (and we all know they have no financial sense) then he's gone.

Wizball i dont make those decisions im not on the board nor do i deal with contracts for the players. Im simply stating that he is another must sign IMO and we have seen lately why thats the case.
I dont want to let any of our players go but its the nature of the best , you want to let blokes go that may only have a couple years left in them, when we have a monster in the backrow who is playing for australia and will make the NSW side and has plenty more years left????As for who is leaving i dont know so i cant comment on who will leave to make room but im sure there are some that will be going , personally i think T rex is another play worth fighting for

bob dylan said:
MY 2013 side looks a lot like the 2012 team less Lussick, Gulavoa, Farrer and George Rose

Remember you still have to pay 25 players so when factoring in getting rid of someone you can't transfer their full amount to another player. At the most it would be what they were on minus the minimum contract value.

bob dylan said:
MY 2013 side looks a lot like the 2012 team less Lussick, Gulavoa, Farrer and George Rose

Why Farrar? He's a very good utility player who performed well for us in 2010. I was delighted when he returned, and it's a shame we may not see him this season. I'm sure, when fit, he would have played some first grade this year.

Masked Eagle said:
bob dylan said:
MY 2013 side looks a lot like the 2012 team less Lussick, Gulavao, Farrer and George Rose

Remember you still have to pay 25 players so when factoring in getting rid of someone you can't transfer their full amount to another player. At the most it would be what they were on minus the minimum contract value.

Fair point, which I had forgotten maybe I have only saved us around $100K. But even that might save DCE and Brett.

Stevo said:
Farrar will probably be resigned. Out for the year. bad knees.

Farrers papers should of been stamped "Never Again" when he went after 2010.

bob dylan said:
Stevo said:
Farrar will probably be resigned. Out for the year. bad knees.

Farrers papers should of been stamped "Never Again" when he went after 2010.

My understanding was that he was forced out by salary cap pressures and was always coming back after one year away. I think he is a good player. During 2010 when we underperformed and kept fading away in second halves he was one guy who put in. He would not be an expensive player, and I'd like to keep him.

Maybe we can dream that they'll all be like the Broncos of the 90's
ie - taking unders to stay together and win comps.
I'm sure most players would prefer a premiership ring ( or two ) to getting massive coin in an average side that rarely gets close.
Just ask ET or Junior Pearce both rep players that did it all except win comps, I reckon they'd have played for lunch money to win a comp.
Thats a question for DCE, Snake etc & their managers to ponder

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
wizball1973 said:
bones said:
T Rex is already signed for 2013.

And no way should we let Matai go.

Isn't he signed for 2012 with an option in his favour for 2013? So after SOO Parra will throw a million dollars at him.

its been reported he has get out clause
Get out of it!
I supposed you'll be telling me that Todd Carney has a Get out of the Hotel clause, too!

wizball1973 said:
bones said:
T Rex is already signed for 2013.

And no way should we let Matai go.

Don't want to see anyone go but we can't have them all. Matai is off contract at the end of this year I think and I can see Cronulla making another play for him.

Wrong - Matai is contracted till end 2014 (@ $250K/yr), so he won't be going anywhere.....and imo just as well.

Yes T-Rex is signed to 2013.

As for Brett, he's on $450K/yr to end 2012. Have seen many posts quoting him to get a new contract for $600K/yr, which is a substantial upgrade considering his dodgy knees. Despite the rumours, it seems he hasn't signed anywhere yet for next year, so I'll only believe the 600K when it actually happens, wherever that may be but hopefully with us. However, if we re-sign DCE & Foran at his expense, then so be it.

There are lots of other clubs out there that have to concentrate on next season because they don't have much chance of making the finals, not to mention winning the Premiership in 2012. These are the same clubs that haven't won a premiership for some time and their fans need to believe that the future holds some promise.

We don't need to worry about 2013 because... not only did we win the Premiership last year, we've got a very good shot at going back to back this year. Player signings will work themselves out and I'd rather focus on what the team is doing in 2012.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4