Let's all laugh at Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it be known: who did we not get that we could have if Orford hadn't screwed with us:

- kept JWH
- Bought Sam Burgess
- Brought Hodko or DCE in sooner

That's all I can remember at this time but the list was longer earlier.

I like Orford and I repect what he WAS. Let me say that again.. WHAT HE WAS!!! By the end of 09 we knew he was washed up and we are seeing what we saw at the end of 09, 2 years on. It is embarrassing. The guy should have gone on top, not like this, he deserves better.

I do, however have a right to rip into him like I do every other opponent. It doesn't mean that there isn't respect. Its a part of being on the hill: when the end whistle goes or when the start whistle is blown, what is said on the Hill is not necessarily said to hurt or harm..

We said a lot in our chants about Orford tonight. He was an easy target, what can I say? We had a laugh and then I didn't menttion his name once when I got back to the club. Not once did I say anything good, or bad, after that whistle.

However, I do not like what he did to us in 2009. I also believe on the flipside, he did us a favour as we would be Canberra right now if he had stayed. Duff said it 2 years ago, I said it 2 years ago: we had to move forward in No. 7 development and drop Orford. He made the decision for us and we are currently 4th.

Orford held us over a barrell did he? The club could have at any stage dropped any offer they had on the table and gone for other players. Orford did nothing wrong.

He has played at NRL level, starred in several Grand Finals. More than any of us on here have managed.

Not the best player to have ever graced a football field but certainly not deserving of this tripe.

Matabele said:
Just shows what we're not missing. Dreadful 5th tackle options, aimless forwards and backs running concentric circles, a kick-off dribbling 20 metres etc etc etc.

He is too old, he should have given it away after 2009.

He is the nicest bloke you would ever meet. He is a Dally M Medal winner and in the same year captained Manly to a premiership.

What have you ever done Mata, other than become a bitter, malcontent poster on a website?

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Matabele said:
Just shows what we're not missing. Dreadful 5th tackle options, aimless forwards and backs running concentric circles, a kick-off dribbling 20 metres etc etc etc.

He is too old, he should have given it away after 2009.

He is the nicest bloke you would ever meet. He is a Dally M Medal winner and in the same year captained Manly to a premiership.

What have you ever done Mata, other than become a bitter, malcontent poster on a website?
How dare you cc didn't you know he is manly's smartest most articulate fans. Us mere working class bogans should be in awe of his informative diatribes.

i was laughing when his kick off went 25m and DCE caught it.
I was laughing when DCE drop out went 55m+ on the fly. Oh yes i was laughing :D :D :D

I am with the Clit on this one. Whilst I was happy to let Orford go as it was the end of his career. He captained the Mighty Eagles to the best ever grand final win against a team of cheats so he gets a ton of cred for that. To me its sad to see his demise and I would never laugh at him.

We did laugh when he slipped on his arse on one of the kick offs. One of the good moments was DCE's 60m goalline dropout. We were all going "that's how you kick Orford!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4