Let Barrett call the team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im pretty happy with team selections aswell tbh.

Api has been playing really well in the halves... makes me think if killer is moved on or gets injured, Walker into centre and Api into 5/8... I think that would make things interesting.

Starling and lawrence were bought back through reggies in round 1 due to injuries. He wanted then to get real game time. They were always in his top squad. He copped a hammering for this as well
I don't know about Starling, but I can tell you BJ was dropped on the advice of Cartwright ( too one dimensional). This was a red flag to a bull, as BJ believes he has improved his game immensely since the Titans days.
But he just dug deeper, and TB, made the call back to firsts. Watch for plenty more second-phase play from BJ.

I don't know about Starling, but I can tell you BJ was dropped on the advice of Cartwright ( too one dimensional). This was a red flag to a bull, as BJ believes he has improved his game immensely since the Titans days.
But he just dug deeper, and TB, made the call back to firsts. Watch for plenty more second-phase play from BJ.

Probably the case, just quoting what i read somewhere.just said he thought they were underdone. But you cant believe most of what you read

We may have lost our first two games, but since then we have gone 3-1 and if not for not knowing what to do with the ball against Souffs, we'd have won our last 4 straight.

Green I think was rewarded for his pre-season work. I also think that the opening games plan was for our quicker forwards (Green and Brown) to run the Dogs pack ragged, but that didn't happen obviously. He got the deer in the headlights look and after being given very little time from the bench against the Tigpies, he's back in NSW Cup.....playing in the centres.

Brown to the bench was an obvious choice. We needed power back rowers and that he's not. He has proved to be good off the bench though as a back up hooker and he did well when filling in for Skivy against the Chooks.

I can understand Api getting first crack at the #9 jumper because Baz wanted two hookers and everyone thought the new interchange would suit that (we aren't the only club who've got that wrong). Besides, Api had played a GF at hooker and Parcell is a relative rookie. Still, I think we've seen that Parcell is the #1 hooker and Api is right now going to be the Mr Fix It when needed.

The first two weeks 'experiment' with the selected side simply didn't work and to his credit Baz made changes that have worked, especially to the forwards. Jake to lock, Starling and BJ into the team, Kapow and T-Red in the second row. Its been a combination that has worked. Of course, Snake coming back, even less than fully fit, has made a big difference. Tommy will be a great fullback in time but his inexperience at being an NRL fullback (as opposed to playing there in the U/20's) showed in the opening rounds and he's been in much better form on the wing. Snake's return has seen us go from a rabble to a somewhat cohesive unit and a lot of that is down to his communication from the back.

I personally think we're doing a lot better than most (including myself) thought we would after the Dogs and Tigpies walked all over us. We've still got a long way to go if we're going to challenge the likes of Brisbane and NQ, but we're definitely not out of the running, not by a long shot.

Guilty as most about who plays where but really, recent results & performance shows the coach knows something.
All this put him at hooker or ... Him in the centres... keep it real... The team is doing well arm & deserves some respect.
How about let's just support the team chosen?
Did I miss something here? Is Trent Barrett not selecting the team? Does he read posts on social media and decide selections that way?

Is that you Coach Cartwright?

Is that you Coach Cartwright?
As a thread on Silvertails, it was actually directed at fellow supporters, not a blowin troll like yourself who has nothing intelligent to add.
Who are you Mr ACT...is this really Ricky Stuart pi**ed off after his Raiders got flogged?

Robertson? That guy was dead set a true legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your cousin?
Sure big talk, really believe a grungy Canberra supporter....
Go to a netball site or somewhere you can step up little one, maybe your PS3 game & pretend it's your cousin....
What a joker

Last edited by a moderator:
Robertson? That guy was dead set a true legend.
He was but no, not Michael.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....can you give me a hint? Did he start in Canberra? That's why I said Robbo. Can you give me some cryptic kind of clues man? Even an era maybe? Or initials (that's probably too much)

Guilty as most about who plays where but really, recent results & performance shows the coach knows something.
All this put him at hooker or ... Him in the centres... keep it real... The team is doing well arm & deserves some respect.
How about let's just support the team chosen?
Mate round 1 and 2 were his selections.. We all know he comes on here and reads our team selections and he benefited greatly from it. He wants our input...else we go back to the no hope plodders he would select of his own volition.

The good thing is that over the next few weeks Baz will have some selection headaches.

DCE will come back as halfback, that's a given no matter how well Api might be playing right now. Api might drop back to the bench, but I can honestly see him back in NSW Cup. And that's nothing against the guy who is doing well, it might just be what's best for the team make up. I can't see Brown being dropped as he's the Des Hasler of this current team.....can play just about anywhere on the park and that includes hooker.

Walker is going to be the 5/8. I can't see Baz moving him and besides, he's coming along as a running pivot. Just remember we didn't buy him to be our chief play maker, its just been thrust on him a lot more with DCE being injured.

Then there is Ferris. Where does he fit in when he comes back? T-Red is going gangbusters in the second row and is showing what he can do when he doesn't have to cover for backline injuries. Kapow isn't going to be moved and Jake at lock is working very well because its giving him more on-field time.

I think TB is going to have the good kind of selection headaches in the next few weeks.

Personally I think our current best team is:

Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, T. Trbojevic, Walker, Cherry-Evans, Starling, Parcell, Myles, Symonds, Taupau, J. Trbojevic. Res - Lussick, Lawrence, Vave, Brown/Buhrer/Koroisau.

The good thing is that over the next few weeks Baz will have some selection headaches.

DCE will come back as halfback, that's a given no matter how well Api might be playing right now. Api might drop back to the bench, but I can honestly see him back in NSW Cup. And that's nothing against the guy who is doing well, it might just be what's best for the team make up. I can't see Brown being dropped as he's the Des Hasler of this current team.....can play just about anywhere on the park and that includes hooker.

Walker is going to be the 5/8. I can't see Baz moving him and besides, he's coming along as a running pivot. Just remember we didn't buy him to be our chief play maker, its just been thrust on him a lot more with DCE being injured.

Then there is Ferris. Where does he fit in when he comes back? T-Red is going gangbusters in the second row and is showing what he can do when he doesn't have to cover for backline injuries. Kapow isn't going to be moved and Jake at lock is working very well because its giving him more on-field time.

I think TB is going to have the good kind of selection headaches in the next few weeks.

Stewart, Taufua, Lyon, Matai, T. Trbojevic, Walker, Cherry-Evans, Starling, Parcell, Myles, Symonds, Taupau, J. Trbojevic. Res - Lussick, Lawrence, Vave, Brown/Buhrer/Koroisau.
Solid side....Vave should hold his place on form.
Definately a testing time for TB with DCE & Buhrer sure to be in the team when fit....kind of a good headache to have.

I agreed with this whole heartedly until I realised one tiny adjustment I would make, and that's to swap AFB for Starlo or Lussick as he provides more dimensions and go forward than them both put together and they haven't even played poorly. Aden just looks like a future Kanagaroo after one game haha. I think we have a massive MASSIVE talent in Aden, he skittles defenders the way I always wished Brent Kite could when he realised how big he was.
So I still agree with everything but with the addition of AFB I think we've got a very exciting, prosperous line up :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7