1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let Barrett call the team

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Apr 9, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Guilty as most about who plays where but really, recent results & performance shows the coach knows something.
    All this put him at hooker or ... Him in the centres... keep it real... The team is doing well arm & deserves some respect.
    How about let's just support the team chosen?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Right. With our turnarounds and the apparent effect of them felt a few weeks on, we will probably be dealing with injuries all year. That will probably take care of selection headaches anyway.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    To be honest, i think I haven't called for much of a change since the round 3 team when he got it close to right. Most on here are in the same boat.

The first 2 teams were way poorly chosen and the results reflected this.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Slide

Slide Active Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 2
    I agree with Fluffy. Once Brown went to the bench, Lussick and Green to reserves and Snake returned from injury I have rated the selected team.

I also am a fan of the forward rotation the coaches used (intentionally, surely) through the short turnaround games. Resting the right guys and bringing them back with fresh legs worked. And Korosau in the halves was a strong move.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Ill give TB credit, he was quick to make the necessary changes after the first few rounds. Ive got no issue with the lineup atm.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    There were a lot of things people didn't know about as well. I kept calling for Feleti's inclusion (and raged about it), but then Barrett said he was returning from a broken rib or something?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,783 / 100
    TB is going ok for a rookie. He will improve with the team. Has shown he can adapt, and seems to have the boys putting in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    At first I thought give Walker a go, and then after 2 rounds very much thought 'nope killer to 6 and Walker to the centres'. I now think the original, give Walker time. He has shown plenty of glimpses to be happy about, and will only get better. And I agree lets Barrett some credit.

The other thing I was critical of was Vave. I really wondered why we pick him. But I'm happy to be proven wrong there, I think he adds a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    We are in a good spot when we are slowly rounding into form and have legitimate selection headaches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    Does Mateo come back in for match against Parra?

11. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    I'd ask at who's expense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. XV-1

XV-1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +499 / 55
    That is why I asked He pulled out if todays match for personal reasons.
    We need strong D, so Symonds stays?.
    We also need power, so Lusik may too?

Will be interesting what team TB picks

13. Loobs

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    I guess if anyone pulls up sore he's in otherwise why mess with that team from tonight? Nowhere near perfect but improving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Easy to say from here
    I agree seeing an Illawarra winger starting in the back row was downright scary....
    Thing is, he picked on pre season form as in dedication, desire & those who picked themselves.
    He adjusted it all pretty quick so congrats on how the team is performing now, as in a team flying to NZ & getting the 2 points... only a few teams would have collected over there today & the attitude was spot on.

15. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Starling and lawrence were bought back through reggies in round 1 due to injuries. He wanted then to get real game time. They were always in his top squad. He copped a hammering for this as well

16. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,749 / 258
    Baring injury our side is more settled now, leave it to the coach from here, but no more Green or Will I Am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    Mateo for T-Red who needs time to recover.
    Possibly also give Myles a rest.

18. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    Mateo needs to play or we won't have enough points in us. Can't rely on Grubber kicks in goal as our only attaching weapon and parra will be wise to Api running game like the Warriors were yesterday. And parramatta defend a lot better than the Warriors. Run mateo off Api with walker outside and you have three strike weapons in the middle of the field and Tapaou on the edge. That should create enough headaches to find room for killer and skivvi. Then defend like we have been and we will be good for a win.

19. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 58
    Pretty sure Baz promised Fonua-Blake a call up in to first grade for the Eels game, so maybe he's a chance. This is according to AFB's relative who posts on this site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    @Johnny blake is addin any chance of playing this week? He has made reserve grade look like under 8s