Leichhardt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
There are some nice things about this ground but Brookvale it aint. Getting there is very difficult. Narrow little streets and lanes make traffic gridlock, the hill was absolute dirt and the amenities inside are poor - two loos in the whole place for 20 k.

Add to this the parking difficulties and it is a joke. I was stuck in a bottom car park for 90 minutes after the game not even moving - until some bored parkers removed part of the fence. The team bus had massive problems getting out as well.

The hill at Brookie is at least grass, it is banked better and the paths to move around are much easier to navigate.

Parking was an absolute nightmare. I think we ended up parking closer to Brookie than Leichardt. And the grass wasn't too flash either. It was a big crowd, and a good atmosphere, but I was expecting a little more.

Agreed CW but these things are easier to overlook when Manly have a win.

Re the parking, we parked in the school grounds for $10 and wasted an hour or so after the game at the Orange Grove Hotel. Hey presto - traffic problems gone. Obviously not an option with kids in tow though.

Leichardt was the worst stadium to travel to I have ever been to, even worse than WIN Stadium. The hill also wasnt to good adding to it was the amount of ppl they let in you could only stand up at the back and not see how long there was left in the game.

Lets not forget that Leichardt is in inner sydney so parking & traffic will always be an issue.

For me Leichardt is one of the better suburban grounds in terms of its atmosphere and ambience. You do need however need a little planning on where you park. If you park anywhere near the ground you are screwed. Yesterday I parked up near Victoria Rd, fed $8.00 into a meter, walked 20 minutes to the ground. I satyed at the ground until the end, and by 5:00pm I was back onto Victoria Road, free of the traffic chaos that surrounded the ground.

Also another problem is that the only way to pre-order tickets is to buy and collect from one of their leagues clubs, i mean you would think they would get out of the stone age and use a company like ticketek or ticketmaster7

We caught a bus from Narrabeen to Central then a $15 cab to Lilyfield ( Orange Grove Hotel ). Getting home was another story. The atmosphere at Leichhardt Oval is unique . I always enjoy attending games here. As far as spectator comfort goes , probably not as good as similar grounds ( Brookvale & Kogarah )

Btw : If I was given $1 for everytime I've seen the word Leichhardt spelt incorrectly , I'd be a wealthy man. Even the Manly Daily got it wrong last Friday.

Always park elsewhee and catch the light rail there. it is heaps easier

Btw : If I was given $1 for everytime I've seen the word Leichhardt spelt incorrectly , I'd be a wealthy man. Even the Manly Daily got it wrong last Friday.

Ludwig would be turning in his grave :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4