LEFT FIELD.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Not sure what we can do to try and spark some variety in attack , but , against the dragqueens it seemed all we wanted to do was kick to the corners....dont know if it was just me , or did Foran do most of the kicking ??  .....If so then i'd have 2 changes id make to the side.....trex = cya...hodko = cya....bring in Whare , Hoppa and/or Oldfield , and play Matai at 5/8...if the dragquuens can hide soward in defence , im sure we can , if we had to...i just think with a bit of room , he'd benefit from taking the line on and IMO , no player beats the first man more than him , esp from dummy half , and even first off the ruck.....i just think if farrer isnt going to be back before the semis , then i wouldnt risk playing  him not 100% at all in a comeback game in the semis.....trex has got to go if we are fair dunkum about a GF appearance in 2010....play the rookie/s , at least we know there will be some energy there....DCE , is he eligble , or does playing in the qld cup rule him out ??

Westie, if we were back in round 7 or 8 Des might consider this, in Round 24 I doubt it....he's (they) are trying their best with the cattle they have. The loss of our two major strike weapons right at the start of the year has hurt, and having this many changes is something I can;t imagine they'd consider coming in to the finals period....but maybe there's no need to worry, Ryan reckons we'll lose the next three and end up 9th or 10th anyway so we may not have to worry

A start would be for the backs to have some scrum moves. Take a look at the Tigers and try to emulate them.
Don't let a forward stand as 5/8 - that's a position for someone with speed and vision.
The easiest way to score is from a kick from a scum when the opposition fullback is in the defensive line. Granted, we don't have the pace of other clubs at the moment.
Just kicking to the corners on the fifth tackle shows we have limited attaching options.

Westie, I liked what you had to say, but damn it was hard to read! Full stops are really useful in breaking up thoughts so you might want to include them in your future posts.

I'm sounding like Fro now, aren't I? :-S

Moving an international centre out into a position he hasn't played before isn't a great idea imo, especially when having an international 5/8 there anyway. At least Lyon has spent time there and knows the position

Matai offers too much in the centres to move him

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7