Leeds United on the Climb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
They made extremely heavy weather of it, having led League 1 by 9 points around Christmas but then succumbing to a good FA Cup and Johnstone Paint Trophy run. However, finally the (once great) Leeds has climbed backed to the Championship.

Even the final home game, which was a must win match in order to get the second automatic promotion position, was a shocker. A send-off at the 30 min mark and then going a goal down, meant they were in all sorts of trouble with each of Charlton, Swindon and Millwall looking like they would get the promotion. Two late goals got them there. The Elland Road celebrations were something to behold.

I love Leeds almost as much as I love Manly, so this was an incredible moment!

We did everything we could to throw it away since christmas. It happened in the 08/09 season too.. I think the boys got complacent, and by the time they thought it would be good to knuckle down we were in rubbish form and had trouble stopping the flow! Just last week we lost 1-0 in the final seconds due to a silly mistake at the back.. devastating.

The send off of Gradel was one of the most heart breaking things.. To see him loose the plot the way he did, refuse to leave the field and start getting into a brawl with his teammates (including our captain beckford!) was awful. It was a grub thing to do, and he was playing rubbish anyway, but I've just never seen anyone refuse to leave the field and go bananas like he did.

..And then for us to go 1-0 so soon after half time! With such a silly lapse of focus! With just 10 men I thought we were gone for sure. The boys looked down and out and I had zero faith.

Then that beeeaaauutiful strike by Howson! Brilliant! Even then, my confidence was still shot.. Millwall and Swindon (who were playing each other and also in contention for 2nd place) were one up at that point, so a draw wasn't going to be enough for Leeds.. and then like 2mins later, BANG! We're back! I was ecstatic.

It was such a rollercoaster.. so relieved to be back in the Championship. So looking forward to more coverage on foxsports!

When the whole crowd came on the field after the final whistle, whilst it was a beautiful sight, I was worried that we would get in trouble for it, and then lose points or something..!

Shoutout to the aussie boys in the Leeds team who played.. Kilkenny and Lowry - Both had great games, particularly Kilkenny who had a really solid passing game. So proud of them.

I'm going to Europe at the end of the year and am very excited to see my first leeds game in person at Elland Road  ;D

Anyway, i'll compose myself now..! Still so excited :)

Lovely write-up nita. I detect a lot of passion - good for you.

As for Mr Not-Happy CW taking pot shots at a team like the Gunners who DO manage their books successfully and don't spend enough to bankrupt a third world nation like Chelski and Man Utd - I say Pfffft on your support! hehehe :)

Not a laughing stock anymore :)

..plus Leeds boy lowry got picked in the Aussie world cup squad, woo hoo

Canteen Worker link said:
What pot shots? Arsenal do very well as perennial third place getters!!!!! :) :)
  Which is still quite a bit above being perennial third division dwellers hey CW?

The only interest League One held for me is that Hartlepool avoided the drop.  I've supported them (as my then token 4th Division team) a long as I've supported Arsenal.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=183272.msg262235#msg262235 date=1273555564]
What pot shots? Arsenal do very well as perennial third place getters!!!!! :) :)
  Which is still quite a bit above being perennial third division dwellers hey CW?
[/quote]Perennial? We were in the semis of the European Cup 10 years ago. Marching on Together!!!!

Arsenal has WON the European Cup, finished runners up twice. Leeds moment of 'glory' involved pelting missiles at the Milan players when they attempted their lap of honour in '73. :)

When did the Arse win the euro cup? Final yes win it no (they did win the old cup winners or UEFA i think)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6