Leave me out after unmanly decision

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
The supporters of Zorba should answer this question - when is it the right time for him to retire? Not at 66? Well then, 76? How about 86? Even 106? We can argue the toss about timing, but when did the imminent sacking of a media manager anywhere else in rugby league, attract as much attention as this one? Now his supporters in the media and elsewhere (and presumably some of his enemies) are generating this into a much bigger deal than it really is. It won't stop us from winning this week.

The man is at an age when most people, who have had the opportunities at a decent remuneration like Zorba has had, are well and truly into their retirement. Don't feel sorry for him, he'll still have other activities to keep him afloat.
Good morning Mr Phantar, The right time for one to retire is when one loosers passion for his job. Hasler and the players are devestated and this is an indication what affect Zorbas passion for his job had on them. I have worked with some 20 year olds and you need to put a rocket up their ass to get them motivated. To put things in perspective for you , Rupert Murdoch is 80 and is running a global business and Zorba 66 is only a media manager ???. Finally the reason why the sacking of a media manager never attracted much attention at other clubs is because no other media manager has had the profile of Zorba who played in our first premiership winning team and given over 40 years of loyal and dedicated service.

Even though I feel as though Zorba is being hard done by, I am ready to bet my left nut that he will NEVER slag off the club, very much unlike that red headed clown on Ch9 who seems to regularly come out with considerably more (what could be construed as) degrading comments on an almost weekly basis, certainly in comparison the "good sort" throw away.
The part I fail to understand is how the club has no issue in employing that red headed clown for their membership promotion at the very same time they are pressured into being PC on the whole Zorba issue?
Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Meh. If the media (like this guy) didn't want Peter's gone then they shouldn't have pursued him over the 'good sort' comment. Can't push for something to happen then cry when it does.

News Ltd if they are actually upset at him going should give themselves an uppercut.

As for me, I'm not too fussed.

I wonder how the people hitting out at this decision to drop zorba would feel if it was decisions like this that kept manly finanially viable, I mean how long are the owners penn and co going to put up with continual losses to the tune of a million a season. Like a decision by hasler to let players go that are adding little value to the team, I support decisions by management to make moves to ensure the long term viability and success of my team.

seaeagles4life......clap clap clap.

get past this boys as saving the club from ruin AGAIN is the most important piece of the puzzle.

he probably gets paid well and with a retrenchment comes a payout....dollars again.

why drag it out as it probably says us 20k....every bit counts.

My concern on this issue is not with Zorba - but the continual instability that exists at the governance level of the club. The Zorba sacking is a symptom of the cause.

My main beef is that there appear to be parties involved in a power struggle behind the scene that is hurting the club. When Max was here, the Football Club lobby seemed to support him against Penn and Mayer. Now it is Zorba under the pump, possibly with the same push from the same people. We can't blame Max for this one, it seems.

The appointment of Lowe as a short-term fix and the undermining of the private ownership beggars the question of who are these people and what is happening.

When I hear that the coaching staff, the players, Bozo, Arko and other legends of the club are unhappy, it seems to me as if the process is not being handled well. It has never been the Manly way to have these things argued on the front pages of papers. Something smells rotten. I would love to know what role the football club is playing in all this, given their disgraceful role in the sacking of Mayer, based on lies and disinformation.

seaeagles4life said:
I wonder how the people hitting out at this decision to drop zorba would feel if it was decisions like this that kept manly finanially viable, I mean how long are the owners penn and co going to put up with continual losses to the tune of a million a season. Like a decision by hasler to let players go that are adding little value to the team, I support decisions by management to make moves to ensure the long term viability and success of my team.

As for the loss, well, the club made a cost cutting decision when they appointed Lowe to the top role. They saved in the short term but it has cost the club significantly more than they saved. We went pretty much the entire season without a major sponsor. Hardly Zorba's fault.

Greetings Mr Bozo - the word is "loses," not "loosers." I'm not sure the latter even qualifies as a word. We also say "arse" in this country, not "ass." I don't normally correct other people's grammar and syntax on-line, because I make the occasional error myself, but I couldn't help myself in this instance.

Again you are missing the point I made earlier about Warren Buffett, he and Murdoch are effectively self-employed. Murdoch built the company into a global business empire. I'm not sure of Mr Buffett's arrangements, but the latter relies on shareholders at News Ltd meetings in Adelaide to reinstate him every year as Chairman. Given recent events in London, that might not happen next time around! He is the boss of News Corporation/News Ltd, not quite the same as an employee of the Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club Ltd.

Why should our media manager ever be the news Bozo? The players and coach should be the news.

You are basing your the "players are devastated" claim on the reports in the media. Let's see how "devastated" they are come Saturday night.

Why have Arko, (the other) Bozo et al been coming out of the woodwork to support him? Sure, he is their mate, but if they really had the Club's best interests at heart right now, they would put their understandable emotions to one side and think of what is best for the Club - not necessarily Peter Peters. In other words, say nothing publicly.

David Perry wants to move the Club in the right direction. In recent days/months/years we've seen ample evidence of what is holding it back and why he needs to change things. Perry will prosper or perish on the actions he takes in the coming months years. Let's give him a go.

I am over this whole story. If people can't see the wood for the trees, that is your problem, not mine.

Dear Mr Collerson,

If you want to aportion blame for Pete Peters professional association with the club coming to an end, you need look no further than your News Ltd colleagues. While the 'good sort' comment may merely have been the straw the broke the camels back, your colleagues unprecidented and unwarranted over-hyping of the issue ensured that it was a heavy straw indeed.

Zorba will move on at seasons end with, what I am led to believe, is a fairly solid 'golden handshake'. He was not terminated with immediate effect. To my knowledge he will not lose any of his entitlements.

I hope you reconsider your decision and get to sit on the hill with Zorba. I'm sure you would only have to invite him as he has not been banned from attending games, entering the Leagues Club or becoming a club member. Surely, if the club wanted 'punt' Zorba, as you put it, they would have also withdrawn these rights.

Phantar said:
Greetings Mr Bozo - the word is "loses," not "loosers." I'm not sure the latter even qualifies as a word. We also say "arse" in this country, not "ass." I don't normally correct other people's grammar and syntax on-line, because I make the occasional error myself, but I couldn't help myself in this instance.

Again you are missing the point I made earlier about Warren Buffett, he and Murdoch are effectively self-employed. Murdoch built the company into a global business empire. I'm not sure of Mr Buffett's arrangements, but the latter relies on shareholders at News Ltd meetings in Adelaide to reinstate him every year as Chairman. Given recent events in London, that might not happen next time around! He is the boss of News Corporation/News Ltd, not quite the same as an employee of the Manly-Warringah District Rugby League Football Club Ltd.

Why should our media manager ever be the news Bozo? The players and coach should be the news.

You are basing your the "players are devastated" claim on the reports in the media. Let's see how "devastated" they are come Saturday night.

Why have Arko, (the other) Bozo et al been coming out of the woodwork to support him? Sure, he is their mate, but if they really had the Club's best interests at heart right now, they would put their understandable emotions to one side and think of what is best for the Club - not necessarily Peter Peters. In other words, say nothing publicly.

David Perry wants to move the Club in the right direction. In recent days/months/years we've seen ample evidence of what is holding it back and why he needs to change things. Perry will prosper or perish on the actions he takes in the coming months years. Let's give him a go.

I am over this whole story. If people can't see the wood for the trees, that is your problem, not mine.
Hey Phantar

While we are in the mood for correcting people's post I thought I'd point out a factual error in yours.

Peter Peters is not an employee of the Manly Warringah District Rugby League Football Club ltd. He is an employee of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd. Big difference tiger.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=family

lismore_fan said:
From The World of Rugby League:

Peters was stood down as the Manly PR man after making a misogynistic and stupid remark to a female journalist trying to get a quote at the judiciary hearing of Glenn Stewart, telling her she was a "good sort".

misogynistic - hating women in particular
calling the woman a good sort, then being labelled making a misgynistic remark
...thats a contradiction in terms isn't it?

Anyone who doesn't think Zorba will be in the sheds next year is a ****ing tool. Officially or otherwise he is still a part of our club and culture.

Only difference is he will have to pay for his own suit.

Back to the original article

Where was this Manly loving nuffy when his newspaper was dragging the Stewart name through the mud with false allegations ?

Thanks Cambo. I was debating that before I posted - was it the district club or the new entity they created for the privatisation process? That will teach me to be too particular.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2