Leary at Hooker ? You cannot be serious !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Surely this is a misprint. His service from dummy half when he filled in for Ballin was abominable, notwithstanding the fact he was forced there at short notice, but he would have trained there in the event Ballin got injured. As slow as a draught horse from dummy half. Hodges named in NSW cup. There's gotta be an investigation !

Will it was wet but yes his service was terrible, his defence is probably why and hodges defence is horrible. He will Improve, he picked up good meters out of hooker aswell I think it is the right decision.

Ha Hodges must train horribly or must have really put Tooves offside

I'm not as big of a Hodges fan as most here but surely he is the best option

Hodges is not an option. Manly';s defense turned into a turnstile as soon as Ballin went down last year.

Surely this is a misprint. His service from dummy half when he filled in for Ballin was abominable, notwithstanding the fact he was forced there at short notice, but he would have trained there in the event Ballin got injured. As slow as a draught horse from dummy half. Hodges named in NSW cup. There's gotta be an investigation !

Surely not !! You pick players in their correct position. Put hodges there or bring up u20s hooker Pratt. Dumb move against a top side

Look I've said it from day one that Leary has done well to make it into Grade from the Pride (mainly through Buhrers injury). He has a crack, is gritty, busy, puts in a wholehearted effort and the rest of it. But as a hooker the team needs creativity, speed and most importantly a point of difference to keep the opposition guessing. Leary possesses none of the above. That is the reality of it.

This must be Bozo's call.

We are emulating the NSW system of picking players out of position.

It worked so well for the Blues.

Hopefully it's smoke and mirrors to keep the spotlight off Pratt for the week. I really think he is the clubs next best option at hooker.
I really hope this is the case.

Ppl can say what they will about Hodges but I think the bloke went well when used by Tooves....gets a little excited at times & runs too often, but in the modern game thats 1 option we don't utilise, questions from dummy half & I cant recall his defence that bad...even when he was busted against Dogs in the final against a monster pack.
On the dummy half - with no Ballin - extra important these wingers Hiku & Taufua get in & scoot.
This is not only better gain in metres but often ends in a far quicker play the ball than plaodders 1 out.....anyways - Leary will get it done - probably shellshocked at being thrust in last week when Matty was to play the 80...

I'll be surprised if either Hodges or Pratt aren't at dummy half on Fri night.

The sooner you armchair critics get over it the better, over the last 6 weeks everyone has been an expert x is an unknown factor and spert is a drip under pressure,this team of ours has been decimated with injuries this year and I have never seen this bad in decades 5 of which I have followed our team. I have never wavered from the hope we may make the eight but I cannot see us going any further than position 9, with 2 games remaining unless everyone from roosters and Cronulla all get injured, We have been spoilt for the last decade so its about time that we all realise that. lets all stop knocking selections and start supporting our great club and then give our undying support next year we will rise again and maybe the clean sweep will give us further joy in the coming years, remember Manly is one special team and the attitude of never say die will always be there, go you good things

I'll be surprised if either Hodges or Pratt aren't at dummy half on Fri night.
I don't know what Pratt's future at the club will be as they have more Hookers here than Oxford Street. But you don't stuff up key players. Its amazing Hasson is not getting a turn playing there as well

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2