Leagues Club sells shares

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't quite figure why the Leagues club don't have live music, especially on Fri and Sat night. Atm it's just a pokie, horrid food and grog place, devoid of any other entertainment.

DSM5 said:
Can't quite figure why the Leagues club don't have live music, especially on Fri and Sat night. Atm it's just a pokie, horrid food and grog place, devoid of any other entertainment.

They used to have live music but a few of the old farts who frequent the club complained so they don't have music any more. Same reaosn the Manly bowling club stopped having live jazz on a sunday afternoon. One resident complained and hundreds of people now miss out

They would have been better off using the upstairs auditorium for live bands on Friday and saturday nights. Could have had chisel reunion, hunters and collectors and lots of new bands.

As mata said it is just a place now for people with one foot in the grave.

Didnt Crowe float the idea of removing vice & turning the whole concept on its head and make a club be the centre of family friendly entertainment.

Made sense in terms of opportunities to increase memberships and merchandising and building a following not unlike many AFL teams.

The place is always full of inbred mongs...creeps me and my family out every time we go. I sit there listening out for "I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"

Pride said:
The place is always full of inbred mongs...creeps me and my family out every time we go. I sit there listening out for "I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"
Lol that's harsh but not totally incorrect.
I've been there on a sat night when I was living down there and they do have live music if you can call it that. But it looked like a sheltered workshop with atleast 20 - 30 intellectually disabled people there having a night and this is the norm.

While from a community point of view it's a good thing it's gives those people something to look forward too however I wouldnt see them spending too much money.

The need to promote the place to young people and families who have higher disposable incomes. Why they don't have a kids room with play stations and DVDs it's beyond me. Every decent pub and club does it up here it allows mum and dad to have a good night out without worrying about a sitter

Based on the below from the clubs website Penn sport now own just short of 50%.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 10 December 2010

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 40.726%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum/Delmege) 37.249%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.113%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 8.912%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

Based on the below from the clubs website Penn sport now own just short of 50%.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 10 December 2010

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 40.726%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum/Delmege) 37.249%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.113%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 8.912%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

Have to agree Cambo, whilst I think the reno looks ok it lacks foresight to bring people into the joint. I can understand why Penn was so disturbed that the people who ran the leagues club wanted to control the goings on at the Sea Eagles.

Matabele said:
Clearly Penn will take the Sea Eagles to Gosford so he can redevelop the Leagues Club land as a housing development for Clr Kersch and her poodles.

Matabele you are an ignorant twat saying there is a move to gosford on the cards, Penn wants to get his hands on the cash from TV rights.

We need to entice the younger crowd there, A meeting place before they go out for the night. Although we have the elderly element unfortunately they don't spend enough. We spend alot of our coin on staff delivering free coffee. I know we don't have much room after the recent Reno's but something like a cook your own steak and salad bar similar to Brookvale Hotel could be a heart starter for our club. Your thoughts?

Manly Magic said:
We need to entice the younger crowd there, A meeting place before they go out for the night. Although we have the elderly element unfortunately they don't spend enough. We spend alot of our coin on staff delivering free coffee. I know we don't have much room after the recent Reno's but something like a cook your own steak and salad bar similar to Brookvale Hotel could be a heart starter for our club. Your thoughts?

Iv never quite crasped the idea of cook your own steak. I thought you go out so someone else cooks your food. If you want to cook your own steak, you have a barbie at home!

the mauler said:
Manly Magic said:

Iv never quite crasped the idea of cook your own steak. I thought you go out so someone else cooks your food. If you want to cook your own steak, you have a barbie at home!

People go in groups. It's a way to get people into the club.They spend their money elsewhere once there. I go to Brookie Hotel once a week with friends and you always wait to cook your food. Also they charge about $3.00 more per drink.That pub is so busy before the game... and on most weeknights, Surely our club can do something a little differently. As they say.. Do as you've always done and you'll get what you've always got

Unfortunately i'd say the noise regulations around the club would be tough. Bloody shame too, the travelodge next door is gold, if only they could get some shows and live bands in there?:-/

While i go there 10 times a year, I'm not sure of the clientele.

I would think a Yum Cha and Chinese Restaurant would be gold.

I know i had to queue up at Parra Leagues one day to get in at lunchtime. The queue for Yum Cha at the Chinese Restaurant was ridiculous.

If there is a strong Chinese community on the Northern Beaches, that is one way of getting them in to the club. You then have to do something to get others in. As boring as it sounds, Bingo and maybe GOOD movies is one way for daytime club goers.

Movies make money, as do restaurants. A cheap movie/coffee/cake deal for the pensioners would be good, but they would have to make a comfortable area to view the movie. Our club would be empty during the day so they need something else other than bingo.

Then try and get the young ones (or not so young) with concerts in the auditorium for a Friday and Saturday nights. Some bands from the 80's/90's don't need posh surroundings, just an audience to yell to.

There are options. The days of surviving on pokies for this area are now past. There are too many other options to go to.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Live music is a hard one. Cost of band $2000 ( an ok band) Extra Security $25 - $35 per hour @ One per 50 patrons Bar staff, cleaners, adverts $$$
profit of 1 beer $1.50 approx So you have to sell over 2000 beers to break even and then deal with the problems that the sale of all that beer just created, vs not having live music and being the same financially, and hope that you don't have quiet nights.

lsz said:
Tooks do you think he needs to spend any more money there?

Wasn't suggesting he paid for meals there. just asking if he eats there or like most people considers the food so bad he eats elsewhere?

At least the Leagues club had two busy nights in recent history... 2011 GF night & 2008 GF night :p

I go to the Brookvale Hotel on game days, beats it hands down. If the food was better & the average age of the patrons a bit younger I would think about switching.

I think the issue the LC faces mainly is that Dee Why RSL has it covered in every area.

- Food it has the Flame Restaurant, Bistro & bar Snacks as well as a cafe.
- It functions as a function center in the day time / for parties etc... at night.
- It's bigger, still has it's upstairs auditorium for large events such as anzac day. Has more out door areas as well.
- Has a larger gaming area (if you're into gaming i guess its a plus?)
- The sports bar has more screens and it's always open also plenty of chairs about it.

manlywarringah said:
While i go there 10 times a year, I'm not sure of the clientele.

I would think a Yum Cha and Chinese Restaurant would be gold.

I know i had to queue up at Parra Leagues one day to get in at lunchtime. The queue for Yum Cha at the Chinese Restaurant was ridiculous.

If there is a strong Chinese community on the Northern Beaches, that is one way of getting them in to the club. You then have to do something to get others in. As boring as it sounds, Bingo and maybe GOOD movies is one way for daytime club goers.

Movies make money, as do restaurants. A cheap movie/coffee/cake deal for the pensioners would be good, but they would have to make a comfortable area to view the movie. Our club would be empty during the day so they need something else other than bingo.

Then try and get the young ones (or not so young) with concerts in the auditorium for a Friday and Saturday nights. Some bands from the 80's/90's don't need posh surroundings, just an audience to yell to.

There are options. The days of surviving on pokies for this area are now past. There are too many other options to go to.

Everything you have said they have had In the past, not sure why they aren't still there but one thing I do know is during the 80s when they had a Chinese restaurant and daytime movies they were bankrolling the eagles to the extent we were known as the silver tails.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7