League in South Africa.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
An interesting comment by John Smit, Springboks captain in an article in today's Telegraph, p92, says that League and Rugby should keep their hands of young South African players.  I really think League would appeal in South Africa.  I know it's a rugby Union and soccer stronghold, but there's obviously football talent to burn over there.  Would it be asking to much for Gallop to investigate future expansion over there?  A youth squad comp perhaps?  Lateral thinking maybe, but I'd love to see some big hulking forwards like Shalk Burger steamrolling up Brookvale oval for us.  He'd make an excellent second rower or lock.

When Schalk Burger does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up; he’s pushing the Earth down.
When Schalk Burger goes swimming he doesn’t get wet, the water gets Schalk Burgered.
When the Tokoloshe goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Schalk Burger.
Schalk Burger counted to infinity - twice.
Schalk Burger invented every colour. Except pink. Percy Montgomery invented pink.
Schalk Burger’s hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.
Schalk Burger gave Mona Lisa that smile.
Schalk Burger can slam a revolving door.
Some kids p*ss their name in the snow. Schalk Burger can p*ss his name into concrete.
Schalk Burger’s calendar goes straight from March 31st to April 2nd; No-one fools Schalk Burger .
Schalk Burger can speak Braille.
Schalk Burger’s tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.
Superman owns a pair of Schalk Burger pyjamas.
Schalk Burger owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1993 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.
Schalk Burger sleeps with a night light. Not because Schalk Burger is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Schalk Burger .
Once a cobra bit Schalk Burger’s leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Schalk Burger divides by zero.
When Schalk Burger exercises, the machine gets stronger.
Schalk Burger doesn’t use pickup lines, he simply says, “Now”.
Schalk Burger sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled rugby ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalised, Schalk Burger spear-tackled the devil and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn’t stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
Schalk Burger can kill two stones with one bird.
Schalk Burger once devoured a whole wheel-barrow full of clay to prove to a friend that the expression “Sh**ing bricks” wasn’t just a figure of speech.
The only time Schalk Burger was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake

The only problem in Manly signing him is that Perry and Rose would try and eat him at training.

Maybe we can transport Matabele back over their to promote the virtues of League to the masses

The Wheel link said:
Maybe we can transport Matabele back over their to promote the virtues of League to the masses

He can be Manly's talent scout in South Africa.  WE can pay him in free sandwiches.

I seem to recall South Africa entered a side in one or two of the RL Sevens tournaments years back.

Burger wouldn't be too good at league in my opinion, better off with someone like Spies.

By the way, if Chuck Norris finds out that Schalk Burger is ripping him off then he is going to get roundhouse kicked into next week.

get em young and train em up, at about 17 - 18 they would be cheap and raw and potentially could be anything.

Dont go for the established springboks, NRL money would not compare to what they could get in Union. but the raw materials would definately be there.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4