1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League hardman Terry Randall remembers dishing it out for Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    IT was always a good sign when Terry Randall, coming from down low, went up under somebody's ribcage and left them, moments later, on the ground twitching. The twitch was good. It meant they were still alive.

Read the full article

2. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    Terry Randall was the toughest player I have seen. Great story about a Manly legend. I think that is Ian Harvey next to Terry and he could handle himself too.

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Igor was my favourite player when I was a kid, he and Frogs Eyes Gartner. One of the toughest ever to play for Manly, loved his work.

4. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    We all know from media reports that Hasler had the full control and say over recruitment.

Terry, you should have got up under his ribcage and launched at him.

Chaddy and I'd like to see that!

5. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    John Harvey, Two Dogs. Ian was his younger brother from memory? He never played firts grade.

6. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    My first coach 30+ years ago, taught me how to tackle. The_most_satisfying_feeling ever is folding up an opposition forward with your shoulder and counting the scattered ribs :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Randall, Ron Gibbs, Gillespie...there'd be a wide channel up the ground in which not one team would ever run a play into.

8. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38
    Great photo with the great man's fist heading straight for Georgie Piggins. Igor still looking pretty good - could have used him on Friday night - at 61 I reckon he still could have had some of those storm forwards looking twice before taking a hit up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    I clicked on this link cause Igor was my childhood footy hero - bit disappointed when I clicked on the story it turned out to be a Paul Kent story cause I dont want to give Kent any oxygen - and this did read like every other article I have read every year for the last 30 about Randall, tied in with an ad for a landscape company.

But always good to hear from an old legend I guess. I especially used to loved it when he used to belt Ray Price.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 192
    I am sure the Great Igor would be a Matai fan.

11. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Pity he chose to have a go at Paul Cummings. There are two sides to every story and I have heard (some) of the other side.

By doing that, his complaint dovetailed in nicely with Kent's general anti-Manly narrative.

12. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Randall was so tough I still think Gillespie, Roach Carroll, Harvey, Harrigan etc were all soft.