• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
So, I have a bit of a speeding problem.

I don't intentionally speed and i've never been done for going some crazy speed it's normally just 10 - 15km over. But, the laws the law and I should know better.

Anyways, my question is in regards to whether anyone knows what happens if you lose all your demerit points and then elect to go on the good behaviour bond (1 point for 1 year) and then in that year you lose that 1 point.

Obviously your an idiot but I want to know whether you are allowed to lose that 1 point and go to 0 points or whether your just stuffed.

I've asked around at work and a few seem to think that you are allowed to lose that one point and others think once you lose that 1 point your goneski's.

This hasn't happened to me. I am on the good behaviour bond but am just wondering

You lose the one point and I think you lose your license for a year!

As a habitual speeder they will not be lenient either!

I use to drive about 10Kms over everywhere but figured it wasnt worth it any more. Since being up here, I just can't even be bothered getting to the speed limit, everything and everyone is slower here so I tend to drive at about 50Kms everywhere

Yeah Nutz, the 1 point is only a token so you can drive.

Infringe anywhere and you are goneskis, my Brother did the same thing a few years back.

Ahhh fair enough.

I figured that was the case but thought i'd check.

Yeah, I definately need to re-evaluate my speeding habits. To me it seems a normal speed to be going but than BANG your goneski's.

Live and Learn I guess.

I was on the good behavior bond when I was still on my P plates.

I didn't lose that point through the following year but it was explained to me by the police that if I were to lose that 1 point I would lose my license for a year.

I "should" have lost my learners license - i got pulled over driving without a licensed driver as a passenger.

The policeman who was filling out the ticket explained to me that i would lose 1 point for the infringement, of course on your learners u only have 1 point - so i would have lost my license for 6 months. He went furhter to explain, if i didn't pay the fine for the 4 weeks till my test i wouldn't lose my learners and i would lose 1 out of the 3 points on my p's.... all in all worked out for me.

Some of the above advice Nutz is not necessarily correct.

In Qld, it depends on the demerit points value infringement. If you lose the 1 point only you can carry on driving, however any offence greater than 1 point and you receive an automatic licence suspension for 6 months.

If you post the type & monetary value of the fine I can advise on the demerit points value.

i wasn;t intending that story to be advice, rather experience.plus that was a good 5 years ago now.

Jatz,

Your right.

My girlfriends old man used to be a cop. He tells me the same thing. I have 1 point left and if I lose that 1 point i'm still legally able to drive. If I lose anymore than that 1 point, i'm done.

I just got my QLD license today, my brain already feels like it is numbing

lol, now you have to learn art of "Merge and Break", also, "Why round a bouts are everywhere, so don't use a blinker" or my personal favourite, "we have a new 4 lane 110km/h highway lets drive 100km/h in all 4 lanes"

Zep link said:
lol, now you have to learn art of \"Merge and Break\", also, \"Why round a bouts are everywhere, so don't use a blinker\" or my personal favourite, \"we have a new 4 lane 110km/h highway lets drive 100km/h in all 4 lanes\"

LOL Trying to flick the left hand signal when coming off of a roundabout is just so counter intelligent to the movements of driving!

And the 4-lane freeway thing I noticed on the drive up here. Keep left unless you are overtaking knobheads

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4