Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've always thought he was a back rower anyway. His size & speed are better served on the edge of the ruck, running at the playmakers/back rowers than smashing it up in the middle. Much in the same way Jake T & Darcy are now playing at #13, it just makes sense.
You make a good point.Considering he's the second fastest over 40 metres in the whole team you'd think his speed would be better utilized on the edge of the ruck as you've pointed out. TB needs another visit to Silvertails before we play the Knights! Lol

AFB showed enough and played well enough to deserve another crack at First Grade. Lawrence, does not need to push him out however. I'd be demoting Leary (Too similar to Brown, just with a terrible passing game at dummy half, and for that brain snap chip alone), or Starling (plod, starch) Trbo, Myles, Lawrence, Vave, Lussick, AFB all offer more.

Lawrence is always bloody hurt . I think he will be gone at season end . No offense i like the old boy but injuries will be his down fall. I think the cleanout at manly will roll on .., some shafted and some asked nicely to retire.

Brent Read mentioned on triple M tonight that he'd be surprised if Lawrence is here next year, could be at the Sharks.

Said we're freeing up cash for someone, not sure who - doubts it's Bird.

Brent Read mentioned on triple M tonight that he'd be surprised if Lawrence is here next year, could be at the Sharks.

Said we're freeing up cash for someone, not sure who - doubts it's Bird.
He's been in the display window at Narrabeen for most of the year. Remains to be seen if they can find a buyer.

Brenton Lawrence is one of the most mentally tough players in the game, he is also a great leader.

He played on for as long as he could against Canberra this year after he had badly hurt his shoulder (tore his pec I think) and had a great offloading skill until that point.

I just love Lawrence, he is one of those players that just put their body on the line week after week. He would be the perfect person to help our younger forwards and backs develop the manly mentality.

Brenton Lawrence is one of the most mentally tough players in the game, he is also a great leader.

He played on for as long as he could against Canberra this year after he had badly hurt his shoulder (tore his pec I think) and had a great offloading skill until that point.

I just love Lawrence, he is one of those players that just put their body on the line week after week. He would be the perfect person to help our younger forwards and backs develop the manly mentality.
And he's a really good man off the field as well.

In seasons gone by BJ was not the best offloader fwd, no where near. The club, prolly lead by Cartwright wanted to move him on because of being one dimensional. He came back in firsts and not only did he bend the line and bring aggression to the team he was actually looking for someone to offload to on numerous occasions this season past. Injuries are common but he seems to rise to fight for his spot and when fit is one of our best options at Prop especially off the bench. Doesn't matter in the end as he was at Tooves's fairwell so probably marked for death

Lawrence never has been an offloader - in fact, that is his weakness. He is a top bloke, fit and fast - just a shame he is so injury prone.

Lawrence never has been an offloader - in fact, that is his weakness. He is a top bloke, fit and fast - just a shame he is so injury prone.
Yeah his injuries are really disappointing, especially seeing he had just come back from his back problem.

I should edit my last post and mention that his offloads in 2016 until the point where he got injured were good, because they certainly were a weakness for him in seasons previous to this.

But at the end of the day his leadership and mentality are the key factors that win me over with him.

Yeah his injuries are really disappointing, especially seeing he had just come back from his back problem.

I should edit my last post and mention that his offloads in 2016 until the point where he got injured were good, because they certainly were a weakness for him in seasons previous to this.

But at the end of the day his leadership and mentality are the key factors that win me over with him.
I'd love him to have a big final year with us; unfortunately, I think injuries will get the better of him.

Every team needs good honest solid players to win a comp. That is the way of the salary cap..

The option must have been in his favor. Getting older and a lot of injuries. If he can stay on the field though he can and probably will be worth it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6