Lawrence ,Horo revelation!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Not the biggest name signings in the Seaeagles proud history but close to the biggest ever over achiever.
So close to making the Aussie squad after being signed from reserve grade Titans, what a huge year. Quickest front rower ever & after gaining so much belief this season & after another good off season, sky is the limit.
Horo was a reserve at Parra, who seem to buy the overrated & release the unders. Horo killed it on the right edge & deserved his claims for an international position after 2013.

Central Coast Eagle said:
Didn't Horo play on the left edge most if not all of the season?

Yes he did. I guess that would be the right edge if you were defending in the opposition line. :p

Horo was way more of a surprise for me. I know he played a lot of footy for the Eels in 2010 (22 games, also played for NZM) and 2011(24 games), but he never really stood out that much. He only played a small number of games for them in 2012 and I sort of forgot about him.
Lawrence played a handful of games at NRL level for the Titans in 2011(9 games) and 2012(9 games) and impressed each time. You could always see he was going to be good. I was staggered that the Titans let him go. Glad they did though!

Both guys did a great job this season, Lawrence really stepped up after we lost Kingy and Joe, Horo was great on the left edge and he and Foz have a great partnership.

Lawrence needs to go to offload school in the off season. He makes the breaks but rarely converts them. Horhay needs to spend a bit of time in that same lesson.

Horo seemed to take on more grunt work through the last rounds and the finals, maybe picking up a bit of the slack from Choc due to his injury. His hole running early was good, and it looked like he and foz were going to get soemthing beautiful going on there. It dropped off at the end of the season.

Horo was great at start of the year but didn't seem to shine during finals. Very solid backrower for us. Lawrence was immense.

DSM5 said:
Lawrence would have been my pick for the Australian side instead of Lewis.

He was close I read somewhere that he and Robbie Farrah were shadow forwards if there were any players pulling out with injury.

The most promising part is that there is improvement in both of them, and under the current regime they will be pushed to get better and better....bright times ahead for the pair of them.

Killer03 said:
The most promising part is that there is improvement in both of them, and under the current regime they will be pushed to get better and better....bright times ahead for the pair of them.

Very true, will only improve in 2014.

I thought maybe you were going to say they were an item or something....
CnC is right Horo did more of the solid stuff and went off the boil on his running game a bit, but then he was part of what was needed to get to the gf.

Lawrence was great; close to club player of the year for consistent value all season. he should improve over the next couple of years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6