Latest from Danny Wielder on our halves - greater insight or more BS?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interestingly Zorbas column yesterday was pretty decent. Big Matai love fest. He's been playing very nice of late.

There has long been rumours concerning DCE and the senior group not getting along, and it pops up all too often for there to be nothing in it. DCE was the first "young" player to come along and demand big $ from the get go (the contract upgrade). The senior boys had been to four GF's and all could have commanded lucrative contracts on the open market, but decided to stay for less. Sure, the were backend deals, but still less than the money other clubs would be willing to pay.

DCE "broke code" by demanding a big upgrade instead of bidding his time and earning his stripes like the others. Here was some blow-in from the QLD Cup who had played one season at the club, demanding more money than guys like Skivvy or Gift, who were already considered legends at the club. Whether you think that's fair or unfair is entirely subjective, but that's what started the rift.

I love how people with known biases against DCE (read all the posts) and have a love fest with Foran (same posts) now agree with weidler and thus watmough that all the problems at manly are DCE's lol. The truth is Foran is stuffing the club around just as much as DCE just his manager is doing it behind closed doors. I also love how B Stewart is supposedly upset about how DCE did his last contract ( snake should keep out of other players business) Snake screwed every last dollar out of the club with his contract ( and was entitled 2) so everybody should keep there noses out of everybody else's contract. What started the "rift" if you call it that is the club letting the player group get 2 big for there boots the club decide who get's paid what not some senior group who think they built the club. Someone in charge should have got the ego's into line a long time ago. It is laughable 2 now think Watmough was part of this group that seemed 2 think they could run the club if he and his cronies had there way he would have had a 6 year extension Gift would get a 10 year Snake another 7 years and Matai 5.

Last edited:
I love how people with known biases against DCE (read all the posts) and have a love fest with Foran (same posts) now agree with weidler and thus watmough that all the problems at manly are DCE's lol. The truth is Foran is stuffing the club around just as much as DCE just his manager is doing it behind closed doors. I also love how B Stewart is supposedly upset about how DCE did his last contract ( snake should keep out of other players business) Snake screwed every last dollar out of the club with his contract ( and was entitled 2) so everybody should keep there noses out of everybody else's contract.

Hi Marvin.

You should use the @Snake feature.

At no point did I say that all of Manly's problems are DCE's fault. I also highlighted the subjective nature of all opinions on the matter. Your perspective is just as subjective as mine, so don't laugh too loud.

Hi Marvin.

You should use the @Snake feature.

At no point did I say that all of Manly's problems are DCE's fault. I also highlighted the subjective nature of all opinions on the matter. Your perspective is just as subjective as mine, so don't laugh too loud.
I could have but it didn't seem necessary. My perspective? what that there is no difference in what DCE and Foran are both doing at this time except 1's manager is being more open or is throwing his client under the bus.

Yeah don't believe everything you read in the papers. Some people have done is less favours than others. That's an interesting question. Which journalists do we believe "like" or are at least "fair" with manly and who just like to report on our misery at any chance??

I don't believe any of them. And that's not just what they print about Manly either. We notice it more about Manly but a lot of BS is printed about all clubs. The fact is the state of sports journalism in this country is a disgrace.

The big 2 just need to commit one way or another. Thats all the fans want now. We are inside 2 weeks to go to the season now and this needs to be sorted now.
Its a simple choice, you are either with us or you want out! Nothing more to be said!

Fully agree. I keep thinking of Kieran late last year saying he definitely wants his contract sorted before the start of this season.....and I'm hoping he sticks to his word, one way or the other.

I suspect both of them actually "want" to go; with various (and largely unknown) reasons preventing them for doing so at the moment.

I'm sure DCE was tits bound until all this drug drama broke, and i'm sure Foran is quite keen to head to the Eels to link up with the supercoach and his BFF.

Perhaps the Eels are waiting to get Hayne Plane clearance before confirming their shot? Maybe DCE will now want to head to his besties place at the Shire?

Anyways I'm sure a decision will come eventually - and i'm content knowing we have JLJ and JL still at the club able to perform those roles at a lot less than 2.2 million dollars.

Whatamouth and the media scrubs can take a flying.

Who cares what they say - Manly all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been so over anything as I am these two and the ongoing contract talk. I am convinced it will be affecting the whole team. How could it not?

I'm getting to the point where I would rather that they sign elsewhere and we save 2 mill. Sign up Kane Elgey and Aiden Sezer and have a stack of money to chase a couple of big name forwards. It's not as if they are setting the world on fire.

Can't believe how easy some people here are buying into the media bull****. Didn't Foran's manager come out and say they haven't even spoken to another club yet, Manly has tabled an offer and he is considering it, if he knocks it back he will start talking to other clubs. All the talk about Eels dogs and whoever else is pure speculation.

There will be news this week, let's Waite and see how it pans put before we start giving these guys stick.

Can't believe how easy some people here are buying into the media bull****. Didn't Foran's manager come out and say they haven't even spoken to another club yet, Manly has tabled an offer and he is considering it, if he knocks it back he will start talking to other clubs. All the talk about Eels dogs and whoever else is pure speculation.

There will be news this week, let's Waite and see how it pans put before we start giving these guys stick.
I just don't believe his manager they (managers) are all cut from the same cloth just Orr (DCE's manager) is being open honest and sleazy in the public not behind closed doors. Orr is quoted as saying we will hear this week about DCE no such talk from Foran even though he told everybody he would have it done before the season kicked off.

Last edited:
Agree with other posts that are saying this is a just hype from the media. I am not buying into any of this these days! Hope we are not spending 2mill on any 2 players either! Makes no sense.
Same with all the Choc stuff as well, personally I think he is just Sh!t stirring and laughing his behind off at our expense. I would be surprised if Tooves and co were not taking this in any other way as just Being a gee up! By round 6 choc will be long forgotten by all!

I could have but it didn't seem necessary. My perspective? what that there is no difference in what DCE and Foran are both doing at this time except 1's manager is being more open or is throwing his client under the bus.

I don't really see how Foran even comes into the discussion. I was simply giving an opinion that I believe (myself personally) that there is some truth to the rumours that DCE is not well liked by some players at the club, and you laughed it down as "Foran" bias.

Since you have bought up the contract situation, I am of the opinion that regardless of whether Foran and DCE are both doing the same thing, one is doing it with a little more class than the other.

I don't really see how Foran even comes into the discussion. I was simply giving an opinion that I believe (myself personally) that there is some truth to the rumours that DCE is not well liked by some players at the club, and you laughed it down as "Foran" bias.

Since you have bought up the contract situation, I am of the opinion that regardless of whether Foran and DCE are both doing the same thing, one is doing it with a little more class than the other.
I agree he probably isn't liked by a certain "group" at our club but that doesn't make him a bad person, maybe he just saw watmough as the bully and grub he was and had no time for a senior group who would tolerate such a grub. Some people think because they have seniority in a club that they should be included in the decision making I disagree. With what DCE has done is classy or not is up 2 the individual and Toovey is quoted as saying he had no problem with DCE going 2 the GC on his day off so I don't.

TWO PARTS OF THAT ARTICLE IS CRAP!!!!

1- DCE NEVER threatened to not participate with the team. ( 100% )
2- Foran IF is to leave , premiership future is crap. Manly always find a way to be competitive.

FORAN IS NOT HAPPY AT THE MOMENT WITH THE CLUB !!!!!

Unfortunately this game ( as everyone knows is limited age/health ) Every player has the right to demand the money they are entitled to , once a contract has ended.
DCE is a great player , one of the best halves ive seen with alot of potential, he didnt leave Manly half way through a contract ( like NRL beloved son SBW ). He is trying to set himself up like everyone would if they had the chance.
I want him to stay NO DOUBT , but if contract is over and his allowed to sign ( Rules of NRL ) with another club for whatever reason , he should.

NRL 2nd beloved son Hayne , left half way through for bigger money in another code.
" nature of the beast "

my feeling is we are going to lose both.

One for money , the other because his a spoil t brat.

I agree he probably isn't liked by a certain "group" at our club but that doesn't make him a bad person, maybe he just saw watmough as the bully and grub he was and had no time for a senior group who would tolerate such a grub. Some people think because they have seniority in a club that they should be included in the decision making I disagree. With what DCE has done is classy or not is up 2 the individual and Toovey is quoted as saying he had no problem with DCE going 2 the GC on his day off so I don't.

Yeah fair point.

Choc's track record shows that he has fallen out with that many people over the years. The circumstantial evidence stacks up to suggest that he can be a real cancer.

I feel the club is partly to blame for all of this.
Cherry had a breakout year in 2011, he caught everyone by surprise, he was on the lowest level of contracts of around $80,000, the club should have automatically upgraded him to around $250,000, the same sort of money that was paid to Hodkinson by the dogs, yet Manly sat on this for a while [perhaps due to the Hasler backended deal debacle].
If he was upgraded, and he deserved it , after all he even made the Kangaroo side, it would not have played out in the open.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6