Lateral movement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
A bit off our game tonight.

One thing to note is our defensive structure does not suit expansive play. I reckon that was a deliberate ploy from the eels tonight.

I noticed in the games vs titans and broncos that we play an extremely tight defensive line and any width in the play has us in trouble if it's quick enough.

We need to keep some width in the line for next weeks game because dont think bennet hasn't noticed.

Outside that, a good win given the pressure applied.

fLIP said:
A bit off our game tonight.

One thing to note is our defensive structure does not suit expansive play. I reckon that was a deliberate ploy from the eels tonight.

I noticed in the games vs titans and broncos that we play an extremely tight defensive line and any width in the play has us in trouble if it's quick enough.

We need to keep some width in the line for next weeks game because dont think bennet hasn't noticed.

Outside that, a good win given the pressure applied.
Theres no worries Flip if you notice Illawarra do the same they are tight in the middle but spaced out on the edges.. we just have to slide faster ,when the long pass is thrown..

Parra played very well tonight. They knew where our potential holes were if they were able to move that pill quickly with precision out wide. It was a great game and my hat is off to Parra for really going for it. But, Im far more impressed how our boys didn't capitulate and kept backing themselves to keep taking the ball to Parra's line.
Though Manly was the winner of the night, RL was also a winner :^)

Yeah we condense and those big long passes get outside our last man but only banjo and Hayne throw them so no biggy

Hmmm yep,we were off our game and parra played exceptionally well,but we still won,so that suggests something in itself,Matai will rush out of the line all night,i think there are times when he really needs to drop back and try and read the play instead of rushing up,im just being critical because there are things after tonights game we need to work on,happy we got the 2 points though.

Ceagle said:
Im sure they will pick up on this at training

Yes, W Bennett would have been watching closely.....and the little chip kicks that worked well too....some stuff to work on this week no doubt

I noticed that the forwards didn't do a lap. Was that because Des was displeased by their second half effort? That would be my guess. Only Nood, Glenn and Beurah (sic) stood out. Princess has lost all momentum and George has to hold onto the ball, even when harried (although he did squash a knock-on from one of the Slime). The backs won that game for us, although D Williams was caught out for a try, he delivered the money ball at the end so I'd forgive him. All in all a sloppy win and a wake up call for next week. The Goons won't be as forgiving.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The reverse plank. That was one humourous bit of commentary.

Yeah, I loved that comment. It certainly raised a chuckle from me :)

I think Hayne was kicking to see us return the ball from our 20 as well, it happened too many times not to be on purpose.

Very impressed with Parramatta last night, they actually deserved to win but were just beaten in a pinch by a very talented team.

Even if he was Mark, it was a **** tactic that is designed for teams that do a lot of broken field plays. We don't tend to score many points from long range so really Kearney was not onto the best tactic there.

We struggle having to dig it out from our own line, so they would have been better trying to push it into the in goals or just in front. worst result for them would have been us catching it on the full and restarting on the 20

Daniel said:
Even if he was Mark, it was a s**t tactic that is designed for teams that do a lot of broken field plays. We don't tend to score many points from long range so really Kearney was not onto the best tactic there.

We struggle having to dig it out from our own line, so they would have been better trying to push it into the in goals or just in front. worst result for them would have been us catching it on the full and restarting on the 20

Yeah, especially with Hoppa out. I'm not sure why Parra even went into the game with that tactic in mind but Hayne should've picked up on our poor kick returns & adjusted his kicking accordingly. Him not doing so is part of the reason why he'll never be as good as the Brett Stewarts of the game IMO.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2