Late Tackles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Was it just me or was there a spate of tackles after the ball was played from the Gold Coast. I noticed at least six times in which Manly players were hammered late after passing the ball, including a couple of shoulder charges. Foran was hammered as was DCE a few times. Brett was hammered after he passed for a try. Matai was also pole-axed illegally with impunity.

It seemed to go on all game and yet the Pinksters seemed to notice nothing. Our players need more protection as the cheap shots and late hits just kept coming. Poor refereeing and why on earth do we have touchies.

I was also right in front of the supposed forward pass from Matai to Tafua and that was a joke as the hands passed it backwards as he was hit. Reffing was poor!!

There was a fair bit but the only one I had an issue with was the shoulder charge to Foz, only because they are suppossed to be illegal

Dan said:
There was a fair bit but the only one I had an issue with was the shoulder charge to Foz, only because they are suppossed to be illegal

was that player charged for the hit on foran?
it was a blatant shoulder charge

castle eagle said:
Dan said:

was that player charged for the hit on foran?
it was a blatant shoulder charge

No contact to the head so no issue for the match review

Yep and also noticed the niggle, numerous flops and third man in tackles by Taylor and the other grub Ryan James. Add Myles and Bird and the tits would have to be the grubbiest team full of cheap shot merchants

Happened in origin too.

seems like all the qld teams get the favourable calls when they tackle late and penalties when it happens to them..

At one point when dce put in that huge kick that refused to go dead the titans player had his foot on the line when he picked the ball up

Shoe1 said:
For a big unit Taylor offered very little in attack and defence.

Apparently he has a sternum injury, but really we all know he has no Heart behind his sterum and this leads to the sternum pressing on the spot where his Backbone should be.

Yeah i noticed the late hits. Cant believe that shoulder charge on Foz wasnt penalised.

The inconsistency is quite annoying.

Dan said:
No contact to the head so no issue for the match review

So shoulder charges are allowed...just not to the head?

*scans interweb, finds Richie Fa'aoso incident*

Until now, there was no provision to charge a player unless the shoulder made direct contact with the head or neck of an opponent.

The amendment includes incidents where there is forceful contact from a shoulder charge between any part of the tackling player's body and the head of the tackled player or where the shoulder charge results in the forceful movement of, or the impact to, the head or neck.

So allowed, just can't hurt the head, I think. Sheesh I thought they were banned outright.

manlyfan76 said:
Shoe1 said:
For a big unit Taylor offered very little in attack and defence.

Apparently he has a sternum injury, but really we all know he has no Heart behind his sterum and this leads to the sternum pressing on the spot where his Backbone should be.

Backbone seems to be misplaced as well!

South Sydney Prowlers were at it again last night. All teams do it to some extent but they are the leaders at it. Every tackle is two up high ballroom dancing & then the third comes firing in at the stationary legs.

Not Rabbitohs but Prowlers.

@globaleagle they should still be penalised however they are not charged unless they make contact with the head

Dan said:
@globaleagle they should still be penalised however they are not charged unless they make contact with the head

I think they also charge players for a body blow that causes whiplash effect to the head or something like that.

After Richie F got Harrison at the Titans for Manly in round one. He didn't hit him in the head but the body blow was so hard his head went the other way & got concussion. The NRL changed the rule after that.

That's not to say I agree with it being the rule.

yes I should add that caveat too. I don't really agree with the rule, especially with it being so unevenly policed. In my opinion shoulder charge should be allowed but contact to the head penalised

Dan said:

That's what I thought but got all confuzzled. Thank youuup.

Brissie Kid said:
Dan said:

I think they also charge players for a body blow that causes whiplash effect to the head or something like that.

After Richie F got Harrison at the Titans for Manly in round one. He didn't hit him in the head but the body blow was so hard his head went the other way & got concussion. The NRL changed the rule after that.

That's not to say I agree with it being the rule.

Yup, that's what I found as well (post #12 above)

What has been really annoying is after we lost to that cheat Reynolds & whistle happy Hayne in golden point for Gift supposedly putting a tackled player on his back after the referee called held, there are instances of the same happening in every game I have watched since & they aren't even ruled as penalties let alone called in golden point to decide a result.

And if you look at the Manly v Titans game go back to the play the ball before Gift's kick put Seizer on a 90m run to the line. DCE got up to play the ball right in front of the posts & then James or some other hairy dude jumped back on him & pulled him down. Should have been a penalty & a 14 point lead. Yet near the start of the game Gift as marker had his hands on Taylor who suddenly threw himself backwards & duly got rewarded with a penalty.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2