1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last night's pre game stuff Channel 9

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Daddycool08, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    Well I got home just in time to watch the comments of Phil Blake and Noel Cleal and the part of the advertisement ... "here go again its Manly and Parra."

I didn't like to see Crusher in Maroon and White it didn't seem to suit him nowadays.

Further, the cameras went into the dressing sheds and I saw (not heard) some of 2V's address to the players before the game.

I was watching the body language of the players and I thought (wrongly I hope) that they were not even listening to 2V.

Did anyone else see it that way or am I just reading too much into the loss last night?

Anyway, onto better things next week.

GO MANLY!

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Yes I kinda thought that Crusher was an interesting choice to represent Manly. Didn't quite seem right did it.

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,766 / 258
    Better than De$

But surprised his new masters allowed him to do it .

4. ABTK

ABTK "Bollocks"

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +59 / 2
    Sorry, missed it, Daddycool. I try to time it so the telly goes on at about kick-off. Can't stand ch9's obligatory half hour of cornball crap...

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    All I heard was the commentators screaming oh jarryd oh jarryd oh jarryd

6. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    Think that was a repeat intro showing from back in 2008 - they're all wearing centenary heritage round jumpers and certainly explains seeing Crusher again

7. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    I'll have what he's having. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,766 / 258
    That might explain it.......I was wondering given his current position how that might have happened.....but if it's just a repeat then that answers the question.

9. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Crusher was there because of the 1984 Tooheys advert cameo that they opened the show with.

Ray Price is now up on the GC, so they got Edge to fill in.

'Here we go again, Manly and Parra. Manly's ahead but the gap starts to narrow' Exact script of last night's game :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    If they were going to have an ex-Manly player then Nein really had to look no further than one of their own employees....Fatty, not Crusher who currently working for another NRL club.

11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Fatty was not part of this ad - this is what 9 were trying to replicate - 'Crusher keeps on coming...' This is why he was featured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yldJ5bJ1YMg