Last Friday Grant has Officialy Left the Building

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
If you happen to read this Grant thanks for all your great work over recent years and the part you played in getting us our 1st premership since 1996 and also the becoming World Club Champion.

Best wishes in your next career move whatever that is, hope you continue supporting the Sea Eagles.

At least DSM5 will be happy........

I don't think DSM ever said a bad word about Grant, just that he could be replaced.

Best CEO this club has seen in a long time.
Lets hope we don't go back to how it was when Cummings & Wilson had their stints:-
1. Poor playing roster;
2. Empty Brookvale Oval;
3. Non finals team;
4. No marquee players willing to play for us;
5. No funding from governments;
6. Struggling to attain sponsorship;
7. More and more games being played out of Gosford;
8. No affinity between Manly management and fans;

the list just goes on and on.

Like others have suggested, I REALLY hope the right person, who needs to be a VERY good salesman mind you, gets the gig.

They need to be pro-active and innovate, not reactive, and has a view as a club for the old boys. Grant was the the 1st two. The other clowns were the latter.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Interestingly our best form has arrived upon his departure announcement :p

Yeh we are in real top form now that Grant has left. 

On a win/loss percentage before and prior to him making his announcement, I would pick that it would still be higher post his announcement

Kiwi Eagle link said:
On a win/loss percentage before and prior to him making his announcement, I would pick that it would still be higher post his announcement

We will see in 4 weeks time.

It was a tongue in cheek comment anyway Tookey

While we are talking about percentages, does anybody have an up to date record of Manly without Stewart now ?? that must have risen a bit

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It was a tongue in cheek comment anyway Tookey

While we are talking about percentages, does anybody have an up to date record of Manly without Stewart now ?? that must have risen a bit

So was mine.

The board's issues with Mayer certainly haven't helped our season. 

Ryan link said:
Best CEO this club has seen in a long time.
Lets hope we don't go back to how it was when Cummings & Wilson had their stints:-
1. Poor playing roster;
2. Empty Brookvale Oval;
3. Non finals team;
4. No marquee players willing to play for us;
5. No funding from governments;
6. Struggling to attain sponsorship;
7. More and more games being played out of Gosford;
8. No affinity between Manly management and fans;

the list just goes on and on.

Like others have suggested, I REALLY hope the right person, who needs to be a VERY good salesman mind you, gets the gig.

They need to be pro-active and innovate, not reactive, and has a view as a club for the old boys. Grant was the the 1st two. The other clowns were the latter.

Mayer had the luxury of not having to deal with the norths bull**** thats was left everywhere after the merger.

The issue of board ructions should not have any on field ramifications.  As Gidley stated,"I don't think of that stuff when I run onto the field".  The players we have are professional and should act like it.  At the moment they certainly aren't playing like such.  Part of the problem now is the poor start at the beginning of the season.  A few more wins then, and we could absorb this faltering now.   

The Wheel link said:
If you happen to read this Grant thanks for all your great work over recent years and the part you played in getting us our 1st premership since 1996 and also the becoming World Club Champion.

Best wishes in your next career move whatever that is, hope you continue supporting the Sea Eagles.

Wheel bloody well said mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4