Last Friday Grant has Officialy Left the Building

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Not trying to open up old wounds but just a heads up as not much has been made about his leaving (the building). Last Friday Grant has officially left the building and we are now in the hands of our caretaker CEO.

Whether you support him or not I think Congrats are in order for Myer, we did after all win a preimership.

I's a sad sad day for our club when one of the best sports aministrators leaves the Sea Eagles. I wish him all the best for the future and hope that Max Delmege and his hanger's on ****k off, sooner rather than later.

If you happen to read this Grant thanks for all your great work over recent years and the part you played in getting us our 1st premership since 1996 and also the becoming World Club Champion.

Best wishes in your next career move whatever that is, hope you continue supporting the Sea Eagles.

At least DSM5 will be happy........

I echo Wheel's comments. Grant had a huge amount of support within the club and was one of the game's best administators. What is done is done. Best wishes from me for wherever your career takes you and I look forward to catching up at Brookie.

I also think it a sad day for the club, even though perhaps it was necessary to establish peace (hopefully not just the short-term semblance of peace).

Still, I can't see it as anything but a triumph of personal petty agenda and vindictiveness over having a professionally run club. I fail to understand how that can be viewed as ultimately a positive or promising thing.

It certainly does not augur for the best, even if the club manages to overcome the ownership fissure and find a suitable replacement.

I believe the old motto of this site is "Mediocrity will not be tolerated'.

Unfortunately it wasn't even mediocre behaviour from those who gunned for Grant, with never a remotely good or credible reason given, it was plainly destructive of the best interests of the club.

Hopefully that's out of our system now.

Read Kiwi Eagle's post all you cry babies.  Management comes management goes, some good, some not so good.  I learnt early on that no one is irreplaceable.   

Of course no one is irreplaceable. But will the person doing the replacing be as good as the person replaced?

DSM5 link said:
Who knows? but the guy could have stayed until October.  Why didn't he?   
It was all about 'peace' and wanting to conclude some signings in order to leave the club in good shape.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181214.msg234296#msg234296 date=1249010915]
Who knows? but the guy could have stayed until October.  Why didn't he?   
It was all about 'peace' and wanting to conclude some signings in order to leave the club in good shape.
[/quote]

Speaking of which CW, any news on the Matt Orford re-signing... or going elsewhere?

Not to my knowledge. I have heard on the 'grapevine' that we are keeping Robbo and ex-Wolfman but neither has been officially announced. The silence on the Orford resigning is rather deafening.

Robbo and Wolf were officially announced I think CW

We must also remember that the official site is still yet to announce Orford signing with us in the 1st place !!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6