Last Fan Standing Comp - OPEN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who Will Win The Round 24 Game

• Total voters
Thankfully the Bunnies managed to make the most of their status as favourites and delivered the goods for those who picked them in LFS. Same couldn't be said for the Dogs and the Raiders who choked on their efforts, taking down another half a dozen punters.

As I said above, you can almost bank on an Eels loss these days. Tragically they have the bye this coming weekend, so another tactic will have to be employed.

We are now down to 16 tippers. A wider choice of games this week may see the field spread out their options a little more, although there won't be many able to tip the Rabbits this weekend.

I will update the poll with this weeks games later tonight.

ManlyBacker said:
Despite the disappointment of not getting close to such a great prize I have really enjoyed this comp.
Thanks C&C for all the organisation, PM reminders, polls, updates etc!
@"Chip and Chase"

@ManlyBacker you can hang those limited edition Franklin Mint plates of Elvis and James Dean back up in the pool room now. There's always next year.

I didn't want to vote for the rabbits this week as I wanted to hold them up my sleeve, or was it that I had them last week. Anyway, serves me right for choosing the dogs :(

Poll for Round 16 updated. If you are still standing then get your tip in.

Dumb question.
Why are Monday night games excluded?
Is it because we all have disdain for MNF?

Historically league has been associated with Mondays being 'mad', and it was thought that any further chaos might be too much for an orderly competition.

Originally I decided against Monday night games because I didn't want the comp spread out over 4 days in case the administration of it was too time consuming and I didn't have enough time between Tuesday and Friday to get everything sorted out. Especially with the normal tipping comp to look after as well.

As it has turned out it hasn't been too bad, but that was probably because we lost pretty much half the field in week one. Maybe next year we'll open it up to all games.

Poll locked and lodged votes as below for Round 16

Rabbitohs 11.76%
Corso_Pete, eagle66

Raiders 0%

Tigers 0%

Storm 23.53%
Andrew.., Manly To Win!, ssar, StuBoot

Panthers 11.76%
ALinda, Canteen Worker

Dragons 0%

Knights 11.76%
CAMBO, mickqld

Titans 5.88%
Chip and Chase

Warriors 35.29%
Clint, Frank, mosto, SeaEagleRock8, TWO DOGS, vidmar

Broncos 0%

Cowboys 0%

Sharks 0%

Another 6 of us goooorrrrnnnnn. I don't know why i thought the Titans might win this week, they didn't even get close. A few nervous moments for those who took the Warriors as the Broncos led late into that game.

So we are down to 10 survivors now. List has been updated in post #1.

I will update the poll on Monday or Tuesday. Good luck to those still standing.

Chip and Chase said:
Another 6 of us goooorrrrnnnnn. I don't know why i thought the Titans might win this week, they didn't even get close. A few nervous moments for those who took the Warriors as the Broncos led late into that game.

So we are down to 10 survivors now. List has been updated in post #1.

I will update the poll on Monday or Tuesday. Good luck to those still standing.
Bloody hard week mate
Souths were the only stand out but I tipped them last week.

I agonised over Melbourne but couldn't tip them and went Newcastle with no confidence at all

Bob took his eye off the ball, bad luck.
I feel a bit mean running against Earnie the Eagle.
But dammit I mean to win this competition :)

Even though i got booted early, this comp has me enthralled. The prize on offer makes it even more so, and of course it being in remembrance of a fellow member.
C&C you weren't alone with the Titans tipping. Who knew the Titans right hand side defence was held together completely by big Jamal!!:s

The only fair thing to do in this situation....

Is to re-start the comp!!!!

I mean look, the yobbos who are still in it are obv great pickers and will be there again anyway, and this way we all have something bond us all together in the spirit that Manly has no props which seems to be the basis of all our evils.

So....

Last man standing troisieme essaie!

Poll closed. Round 17 picks below

Storm
CAMBO, Corso_Pete 2
Broncos 0
Sharks 0
Tigers 0
Dragons 0
Roosters
ALinda, Canteen Worker, Clint, mosto, SeaEagleRock8, vidmar 6
Titans 0
Panthers 0
Raiders 0
Cowboys 0
Bulldogs 0
Knights 0
Rabbits
Frank, TWO DOGS 2
Warriors 0

Cambo and Corso Pete the first ones through to the next round. Lucky guess, guys :idea:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo and Corso Pete the first ones through to the next round. Lucky guess, guys :idea:
Oi!!! No luck at all I study the form closely as I'm sure pete does :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4