Larissa: Back to Brookie after GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ill have a party at my house guys, all welcome

CAMBO said:
Dan said:
Ill have a party at my house guys, all welcome

Boycott it guys. His beer prices are outrageous ;)

I have to cover costs somehow, you guys are likely to damage the house beyond recognition

Win or lose, the buses will drop fans off at Christina kirsch's house for the after party.

Larissa said:
Morning everyone,

Yes, unfortunately with the late kick-off for this year's Grand Final we will not be able to go back to Brookvale Oval after the game.

More details on a Fan Day next week will be announced as plans are finalised.

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

Who will they be letting into the leagues club after the match?

Maybe we should ask Des if we can have the party at his place at Collaroy? Des can crash at T-Rex's house.

bones said:
Larissa said:
Morning everyone,

Yes, unfortunately with the late kick-off for this year's Grand Final we will not be able to go back to Brookvale Oval after the game.

More details on a Fan Day next week will be announced as plans are finalised.

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

Who will they be letting into the leagues club after the match?

In 2011 it worked like this

IF you were in the club before they shut the doors ( ie to watch the game) you were there .

IF you had a ticket to the post game players function ( mainly sponsors and family) you were there

Otherwise you lined up and as one left one was let in, after the players left for the private party anyone could get in.

Luckily I was a sponsor in 2011, sadly in 2013 just one of you guys !!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Yeah, it sucks to be us....

Maybe we all need to chuck money in, get a box at Brooky and become Silvertails sponsors

That's not a bad idea Mark.

Also throwing it out there, the leagues club will be loving this extra business on GF day. I don't blame them for trying to max their numbers in the club all night.

With the amount of people going to watch the game there, you can't blame them for not letting people who attend the game in, even if the club pre sold tickets the amount of $ lost in revenue due to having to have those spots free all night would not be in their interest.

Whilst it sucks i can't fault the LC for trying to maximise the $ made from GF night.

Jonesyv2 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Yeah, it sucks to be us....

Maybe we all need to chuck money in, get a box at Brooky and become Silvertails sponsors

That's not a bad idea Mark.

Also throwing it out there, the leagues club will be loving this extra business on GF day. I don't blame them for trying to max their numbers in the club all night.

With the amount of people going to watch the game there, you can't blame them for not letting people who attend the game in, even if the club pre sold tickets the amount of $ lost in revenue due to having to have those spots free all night would not be in their interest.

Whilst it sucks i can't fault the LC for trying to maximise the $ made from GF night.
It's ashame the couldn't investigate blocking the road and having an open area out the front like the Caxton. They would make even more that night.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I would have certainly put my hand up for this, if this conversation was taking place when I was in brisbane/gold coast.

*sigh*

Yes the Caxton do it well.

I said ( after the disaster at the LC in 2008) that they should block the street out, set up portable bars, put on entertainment and really try and capture every possible dollar on the day. Sure some risk ( if we lose) but make it a "party day" and try and capture the spend from opening to daybreak.

It will still be a huge day for the LC anyway but gee it could be massive if they thought outside the square

I have a simple solution. We all change and become Rabbitoh fans and then we won't have to worry about grand finals.

bones said:
I have a simple solution. We all change and become Rabbitoh fans and then we won't have to worry about grand finals.

Wonder what the souths fans are doing this weekend

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yes the Caxton do it well.

I said ( after the disaster at the LC in 2008) that they should block the street out, set up portable bars, put on entertainment and really try and capture every possible dollar on the day. Sure some risk ( if we lose) but make it a "party day" and try and capture the spend from opening to daybreak.

It will still be a huge day for the LC anyway but gee it could be massive if they thought outside the square

Use the carpark lower level as a popup bar, hells Angels can run security detail.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4