Lamer than a horse with 4 broken legs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sonny "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" Bill's excuses for what he did on the footy show.

Clearly he's not the smartest cookie in the cookie jar.

My IQ dropped just listening to him.

No idea. Credibility zero!!! You sleep with dogs and you catch fleas. Funny thing is that Mundine is smart but Sonny doesn't even have that.

I didnt even bother watching it.

You all know my stance but SBW said some good things. Doesn't alter that he walked out on a contract but the fact is out there that there is something seriously wrong with how revenue is generated and how it is distributed to the players. Weidler, who is one person I have come to hate, actually asked the hard questions and gave probably his best interview of the year. No doubt a lot of it was staged but it was still good.

ManlyBacker link said:
Weidler, who is one person I have come to hate, actually asked the hard questions and gave probably his best interview of the year.

I felt he aided him by leeding him to answers to help justfy his actions.

I though the interview was a farce.

Have only watched Part 1 so far, was utterly pathetic

He says he hasn't been brainwashed, but it was like listening to Muntdine

ManlyBacker link said:
You all know my stance but SBW said some good things. Doesn't alter that he walked out on a contract but the fact is out there that there is something seriously wrong with how revenue is generated and how it is distributed to the players. Weidler, who is one person I have come to hate, actually asked the hard questions and gave probably his best interview of the year. No doubt a lot of it was staged but it was still good.

Were we watching the same interview ?? Weidler is an embarrassment and a stooge for Mundine and Nasser, and now SBW. He didn't ask any difficult questions.....where did he hammer him about the fact he walked out on a contract ?

When did he ask him to justify signing a 5 year deal last year when the Dogs were prepared to give him more money on a shorter contract ?

Where did he pick him up on the fact that bus drivers don't sign 5 year EBA's and then expect to walk out on their employer with no ramifications ?

Where did he ask at what point did you start referring to yourself as "Sonny Bill Williams" instead of "I", "me" or "myself" ?

Did he press the point about what exactly it was that SBW was standing up for himself on ?? It's all very well to just make blanket accusations about alleged mistreatment, but where are the examples ??

It was a joke, I shouldn't have expected anything else I suppose, but to top it off I had to put up with Fathead and those other clowns talking up the "bombshells" that would be dropped. Please.....they knew an awful lot about the presence of these "bombshells" for an interview they had never allegedly seen. As it turned out they were more like balloons popping then bombs going off. At least the Footy show panel seemed as equally underwhelmed about the interview as the rest of us.

The most amusing thing was that it stunk to high heaven of Mundine, but poor old SBW doesn't have the charisma, eloquence or intelligence to pull it off.

Let the guy play rugby, who really cares. The Dogs are better off without him and his disruptive influences.    

Weidler asked the questions - such as what do you say to the kids who have your poster and signed jersey. Unfortunately SBW just raved on about nothing and didn't answer the questions properly. FYI my wife was completely won over by SBW and supports him so he must have had something that struck a cord. For me I couldn't care less about him or what happens to him. I still think the game needs a huge shake-up and he is just one catalyst in what is going to prove a difficult period going forward. His comments about player incomes being held back is still valid.

Chip & Chase link said:
The most amusing thing was that it stunk to high heaven of Mundine, but poor old SBW doesn't have the charisma, eloquence or intelligence to pull it off.

Mundine doesn't have the charisma, eloquence or intelligence to pull it off either. It's all just recycled Nation of Islam/Louis Farrakhan bull**** anyway. Muhammad Ali could get away with it, Mundine can't, and Sonny Bill is no hope.

At least you can laugh at Mundine for trying it on, you've got to give him points for having a crack...he is funny sometimes. Poor old SBW was just pathetic, he was trying hard to convince us he was the man......thing is he is not even sure himself.

MB, I hear what you are saying re salary cap issues etc, but give me a break, I can't cop this money hungry goose trying to make out he is a pioneer or activist fighting the good fight for the downtrodden leaguies. He just turned his back on the sport for more coin....plain and simple, don't try and turn it into some sort of moral crusade.

ManlyBacker link said:
His comments about player incomes being held back is still valid.

I don't agree with that.  Players get paid what income they and the game attracts from TV etc.  

The simple fact is tht the clubs cannot afford to pay them any more money at the moment and I think that $500k is a fair salary for someone who has has played less than half of the games that he was eligible to play in.  

If you work it out based on a hourly rate he would have to be the higest paid person in Australia for the amount of time he actually spends on the field.

If he wants to earn what he thinks that he is worth then he should go an play gridiron in the states where they have a much bigger population and can afford to pay huge money.  

To me players like Colin Scotts, Bogust and Luc Longley who went to play in the Us and became great players in the best competition. are better sportsman than sonny dill williams will ever be.

The players are paid under what they could receive because of the farcical financial arrangements negotiated by the NRL with 9 and Fox. The cap is a joke and set way too low. I am going to investigate the admin structure costs of the NRL for starters. The clubs could and would pay more if the NRL was serious about raising revenue and didn't withhold the funds they collect. Remembering I don't care about SBW, however I think he was entitled to a pay rise when Mason left and he was the one high profile markatable player they had.

Yes but what about Folkes' claims today that $BW had a hand in Mason being moved on.......sort of destroys any shred of credibility he may have had left regarding club loyalty etc.

Given the big deal he made about losing respect for his best mate "Mase" because he left the Dogs, he just ends up looking like a two faced, back stabbing child in light of these claims. Now I'm not so naive as to think there is no spin on this from the Dogs as payback, but if there is any truth to it then $BW isn't looking so good on that moral high ground he has adopted.

ManlyBacker link said:
The players are paid under what they could receive because of the farcical financial arrangements negotiated by the NRL with 9 and Fox. The cap is a joke and set way too low. I am going to investigate the admin structure costs of the NRL for starters. The clubs could and would pay more if the NRL was serious about raising revenue and didn't withhold the funds they collect. Remembering I don't care about SBW, however I think he was entitled to a pay rise when Mason left and he was the one high profile markatable player they had.

Majority are overpaid.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4