Lama Tasi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Is off to the Roosters next year.
Des is very p***ed off that he is leaving, rating him a future star.

well, HE signed a useless 25 year old bench utility player from Newcastle to a 3 year contract rumoured at 200k per year (which is probably close to the mark) I went on Knights supporters sites when he signed and the majority were doing what we are now doing (Beauty, thanks Manly) now we are (Sharks, please TAKE BAILEY) Most supporters have a reasonable clue.

That 200 grand could have been used for Lama and Hoppa to secure our long term future. Looking at Roosters ages, Smith knows what he is planning. Look at us, chock full of 27 plus aged players. The only forward who could come into 1sts grade is Junior Palau and we are losing Perry. Our future pack for 2011 includes the Matt Crosses, Gulavous and George Roses. When you weigh up Roosters pack of kids it isn't encouraging.

Des, you are a big factor in this top kid going elswewhere. This kid was unsigned yet people have been mentioning him for a long time (like me)  ;) He also must have thought that he had no future with us as why would he leave? Lowe summed it up when he said Des doesn't like taking risks. Bet Lama saw that too.

Now, this years Toyota Cup has several top kids coming thru: we have Riccardi, Oldfield, Davey, Portlock, Cunningham and higgins in 20's. What are you now doing Des?? Let's get this warning out early!! In that group is a winger, 2 centres, a halfback, prop and hooker. Unfortunately, this group seem quite young, except Oldfield. Tasi was a certainty but he's now gone. Yet, Hoppa, Whare and Oldfield can step up so some good news but they are all backs, not quality forwards!!

Darren link said:
well, HE signed a useless 25 year old bench utility player from Newcastle to a 3 year contract rumoured at 200k per year (which is probably close to the mark) I went on Knights supporters sites when he signed and the majority were doing what we are now doing (Beauty, thanks Manly) now we are (Sharks, please TAKE BAILEY) Most supporters have a reasonable clue.

That 200 grand could have been used for Lama and Hoppa to secure our long term future. Looking at Roosters ages, Smith knows what he is planning. Look at us, chock full of 27 plus aged players. The only forward who could come into 1sts grade is Junior Palau and we are losing Perry. Our future pack for 2011 includes the Matt Crosses, Gulavous and George Roses. When you weigh up Roosters pack of kids it isn't encouraging.

Des, you are a big factor in this top kid going elswewhere. This kid was unsigned yet people have been mentioning him for a long time (like me)  ;) He also must have thought that he had no future with us as why would he leave? Lowe summed it up when he said Des doesn't like taking risks. Bet Lama saw that too.

Now, this years Toyota Cup has several top kids coming thru: we have Riccardi, Oldfield, Davey, Portlock, Cunningham and higgins in 20's. What are you now doing Des?? Let's get this warning out early!! In that group is a winger, 2 centres, a halfback, prop and hooker. Unfortunately, this group seem quite young, except Oldfield. Tasi was a certainty but he's now gone. Yet, Hoppa, Whare and Oldfield can step up so some good news but they are all backs, not quality forwards!!

Mate, the problem though is that only 17 players can take the field. To give you an example, who here would you drop for Tasi:-

Watmough
Rodney
Stewart
Galuvao
Lussick
Buhrer
Williams (next year)

The fact is, only so many players could go into so many positions. Could it may be that Des wants to focus on signing two halves ( a position we are yet to sure up, before signing a backrower, who has to tussle it out with numerous other players for a single spot.

We have to remember, Wolfman / Brett Stewart will likely be back next season. That then means we may have a utility mobile big forward with 30+ games of NRL experience in Tony Williams coming in.

Des has given Oldfield, Hoppa and Whare a go this year, and they would have had more opportunity if they weren't injured, so I find that Des is willing to give kids a go more so this year than in previous??

We are probably short a mobile prop or two. T-Rex may rectify 1/2 of that, and to be honest, believe either of Lussick or Palau could be the other 1/2...

Also, Rose is very young, and hopefully will be back MUCH fitter. Remember how he went in the indigeonous game? All things equal, we could have a forward pack / bench like this next season:-

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

14. Farrar (very young)
15. Rose (quite young)
16. Ring in (Galuvao / Cross / Palau / Lussick - 2 very young)
17. T-Rex (very young - prop OR backrow)   

then add these guys, to a backline that has Brett Stewart, David Williams, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Michael Robertson, Keiran Foran, and a new (probably VERY young) 1/2 back...and we are pretty youthful, paceful, and have good depth?

I think you just miss Bullet / Wolfman mate, and forget what value / leadership they add to our team.

Don't write Rosey off. My opinion. City / Country 2011.

good call Ryan, I meant Tasi for 2011 swaping for Perry or Palau!! It's just he could have so much potential whereas the others have peaked cross, gulavou, kite etc. Hope we don't end up losing a future superstar prop, we will see

Tasi = The next Aaron Groom ;)

You forget Lussick is on our books Darren, I thought more of him than JWH in the 20s

These kids will soon get sick of playing for the Newtown Jets as well, the Roosters have so many young fella's on the books for very few spots. Ryles, Myles, JWH, Masoe, Kennedy, Tasi, FPN, Conn, Guerra etc

I honestly thought the kid who came in for 0 0 and 5 minutes was utter garbage,to much pressure he couldnt handle,a razorback to with that kind of handling is particularly frustrating for me,given Rodney and Joel Clinton came from the same junior club

lismore_fan link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=184792.msg286549#msg286549 date=1282429472]
includes the Matt Crosses, Gulavous and George Roses.

There is only one George Rose & one Ben Cross. I'm pretty sure there's only one Joe (could be wrong).
[/quote]
Only one Ben Cross & only one Matt Cross, too.

If we signed Ben Cross and also nabbed Nathan Merritt and Nate Myles we could have a team of Nates and Crosses.

Tasi is a good mate of Hragreaves who had a big influence on getting him to the roosters.

Probably got the same deal as hargraves received - a new car and a brown paper bag.

Shane link said:
I honestly thought the kid who came in for 0 0 and 5 minutes was utter garbage,to much pressure he couldnt handle,a razorback to with that kind of handling is particularly frustrating for me,given Rodney and Joel Clinton came from the same junior club

Who came from the same junior club as Rodney and Clinton?

we have depth, although i see des wanting an old fart of a prop running around for him next year, although it doesnt look like were in the market.......... for anyone. Go figure !

Guys, I'd love to see us sign Tuiaki as an aggressive, mobile backrower ALA Crocker / Kidwell (he has played a bit of backrow for The Tigers.) Make T-Rex a mobile prop with an offload, and man we look big and aggressive

Ryan link said:
Guys, I'd love to see us sign Tuiaki as an aggressive, mobile backrower ALA Crocker / Kidwell (he has played a bit of backrow for The Tigers.) Make T-Rex a mobile prop with an offload, and man we look big and aggressive
He just recently resigned with the tigers mate

What I don't get is how the filthy purple cheats can sign Adam Woolnough (a prop) and Reni Matua (a backrower) and we still can't finalise (read sign) a deal with Foran and Matai, let alone sign a desperately needed prop for next season......I just don't get it.

I dont get how the roosters and dogs seem to sign everyone with no one looking into it. We are struggling with the cap and can't sign anyone apart from renewals with current players. I think our only siging is Harrison. We have good juniours coming through though which is a plus.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6