Lack of Pace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

faithful

Reserve Grader
Only my opinion but is anyone else concerned about the speed of our team this season. Im from an era of natural speedy players such as Jack Elsegood and Russell Gartner just running my thumb over our team who are our natural speedsters ? I know snake is fast but he is a year older the same goes with Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai , do we have enough pace to win a comp?

Speed is just such an asset it really makes those half chances a try. I'd love a player in the backline with the speed and acceleration of Shaun Johnson. Having said that we did make the GF with our speed last year. Snake certainly has quality pace, and Killer still has a bit of toe.

I think we are short a light-footed player. Hiku is close to it though, hopefully he gets a few games, otherwise you-know-who will come knocking... Desum El-Has-balah of course!

Interesting topic. Pace is great but so is toughness and positioning. We were in no danger of challenging for the premiership when we had speedsters like Donald, bani, miles, hicksy, brett and blokes like that at the back.

If wolfman is gone, we will be looking at hiku, brett, taufua, matai and lyon as the backs. Maybe miles and Donald would beat them over 100 metres, but I doubt we'd be top 4.

We have relentless forwards, halves and backs again this year, who will grind out field position and show skill, even if they lack a yard of pace compared to "flyers" I still think we will give it a shake.

It was a valid opinion, as if we didn't have such good playmakers I definitely agree this would be an issue, but we do, so it isn't.

mozgrame said:
We should have had Scott Donald in the 9's side. ;)

I selected him in my side. Along with Andrew Frew, Chris Bailey etc etc.

Well you get the point.

The old and slow chestnut again...I think all Manly supporters would be salvatating at the promise of this year, I know I am. Can't wait for the season to start and we will be a force. I think few would disagree that we are a top 4 side and we will be right in the mix. As with any club, injuries will play their part as well as refereeing but as I said, all teams are in that boat.

My fellow supporters, look forward to this season being another success story as I believe we have a well balanced awesome team which can go all the way. Manly v Melbourne at Brookie will be huge, so for these lucky enough to get there enjoy the win.

Love the Eagles.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4