Kurtley Beale/Quade Cooper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Baz

Beaver's Headgear
May as well chuck these blokes hats in the ring too. Both available for 2016, both have entertained the idea of crossing to league, and both would increase Manly's marketability for fans and sponsors by 1000.

Either of them would command a salary of close to a million but I'm sure Dave Smith would open the NRL's 'discretionary funds' to cover at least a portion of it. Partner one of them with JLJ or Lyon in the halves and spend the rest of the cap on forwards, discuss...

No.

And are they really worth a mill in league, untried? Are they even worth that in union? Isn't the ARU broke?

I also thought one of them played for the Marlins so they already play for Manly @:p

Carney and those two - our ship will sink :(

There must be some big British boppers who would help defend the Fortress :)

no thanks, probably two of the biggest overpaid oxygen thieves in Rugby. wherever they go, trouble follows. Quade thinks tackle is something on the end of a fishing line and Beale is has his head to far up his freckle!

Seems fairly unanimous then haha
For a fairly similar price we could have:
6. Little John
7. Beale

or

6. Maloney/Carney
7. Hodkinson/Sezer

Seems like everyone is set on the 2nd option

Won't work. We'll it may but it will be a lot of work.

We need to invest in some young players who have played the game their whole life.

Not a pair of ****ed up union players. And I can say this with certainty with Kurtley because I know him.

Seems fairly unanimous then haha
For a fairly similar price we could have:
6. Little John
7. Beale

or

6. Maloney/Carney
7. Hodkinson/Sezer

Seems like everyone is set on the 2nd option
No, there are numerous other options@:cool:
None of your options meet Manly's requirements.
Hodko is on one leg and the others have serious mental issues or are untried in Finals:cool:

No andrew walker was **** before he was done.
Like i said i few posts before going to struggle to attract alot, carney would be our best option.tom burgess if it comes off good one maybe but not for same money darcy lussick.
Problem with hodgkinson and maloney at clubs near top, the perception is we are imploding in the office and on the slide.

No, there are numerous other options@:cool:
None of your options meet Manly's requirements.
Hodko is on one leg and the others have serious mental issues or are untried in Finals:cool:
What other options are there really, besides Elgey, who is completely untested in first grade... I'm sorry but I'll be spewing if next year we're running around with Mortimer and Little John as our halves.

What other options are there really, besides Elgey, who is completely untested in first grade... I'm sorry but I'll be spewing if next year we're running around with Mortimer and Little John as our halves.
The future will unfold - maybe Intrust, ESL or wherever has the Player we want.

I would still consider Widdop as he is wasted at the Drags

7 Elgey
6 Beale
Would be good but Beale would cost too much money, may as well spend money on forwards ie. Tburgess and Takairangi, as well as Elgey and put Lyon at 6 and Taufua at 3

May as well chuck these blokes hats in the ring too. Both available for 2016, both have entertained the idea of crossing to league, and both would increase Manly's marketability for fans and sponsors by 1000.

Either of them would command a salary of close to a million but I'm sure Dave Smith would open the NRL's 'discretionary funds' to cover at least a portion of it. Partner one of them with JLJ or Lyon in the halves and spend the rest of the cap on forwards, discuss...
I say yes to Beale but no to Cooper.

I have watched Beale since he was a school boy sensation playing in the GPS rugby competition and he has X-factor in spades. Sure he is prone to the odd brain explosion but he is from the western suburbs of Sydney so played a lot of league growing up. It wasn't until Joey's gave him a full scholarship that he switched to Union. Would you pay him close to $1m. Hell no. Offer him a short term contract for around $450K and tell him to prove himself.

There is no way Kurtley Beale would sign a $450K contract to prove himself. He could get double that playing in Japan or Europe, have a better lifestyle and do less tackling.

There is no way Kurtley Beale would sign a $450K contract to prove himself. He could get double that playing in Japan or Europe, have a better lifestyle and do less tackling.
Not if he wants to play League C&C. He has said in the past he wants to. Maybe just talk but who knows...? If nothing else he would bring the chip & chase back to Brookie ;)

There is no better lifestyle then the magnificent and picturesque Northern beaches feathered friend but then again some players prefer to swim in the parramatta river

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4