Krillich wants back in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Frogz said:
But Mark...None of the above come from The Football Club,....Its all From The Sea Eagles entity...isn't it??

No, all Footy Club achievements listed.

It was their vote that extended 2V and Perry, both against the Penn votes.

It is their fund raising that is clawing back the ownership from the SE Entity.

It is their votes that are ensuring the 10 games at Brookie.

The 2 Corporate Shareholders are each trying to get majority or 4/7 votes on the SE Board, it is the Footy Club that is keeping the Supporters in the game.

The strategy of paying out most, but not all of the Leagues Club debt by buying the building and car park was all for that 1 extra vote for the Penns.

Correct which is why I listed them!!

The Footy club board gets a bad wrap in the press ( ever wonder why??? ) but in reality do a great job!!

Chip and Chase said:
@Frogz

The following may help explain the set up and how all the parties are inter-related. Can't vouch for accuracy of current board members though.

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles "Family" at the senior level is made up of three (3) separate legal entities, each with their own Constitution and Board of Directors.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Privatised company that holds the NRL Licence and participates in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition.
Contracts players, coaches and administration staff, conducts Game Days at Brookvale Oval, provides Corporate Hospitality and Sponsorship opportunities, markets and sells merchandise and membership, and operates the websites http://www.manlyseagles.com.au/ and http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/.
Public Company Limited by Shares.
Four shareholders - Penn Sport, Surfside Manly Football (controlled by Quantum), Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club, and Manly -Warringah League Club.

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited

Public Company Limited by Guarantee (ie no shareholders).
Membership based company to which the Life Members and Members belong.
Owns 12.36% of the ordinary shares in the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.
Holds one Preference Share in the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours. The preference share guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.

Manly Warringah Rugby League Club Limited

Registered Club operating licensed premises at 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale.
Provides entertainment and facilities to League Club members and guests.
Facilities include Brasserie 563, Lyon's Den Sports Bar, bars, function rooms & poker machines.
Long time Major Supporter of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
Owns 1 ordinary share of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Current Shareholders of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 1 February 2012

Penn Sport Pty Ltd - 9,315,884 shares = 50.07%

Surfside Manly Football Club Pty Ltd (Quantum) - 6,990,710 shares = 37.57%

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd - 2,300,000 shares = 12.36%

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd - 1 share = 0.00%

Total - 18,606,595 shares = 100.00%

Directors of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 29 June 2012

Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)

Bob Reilly (Football Club appointee)

Darrell Williams (Football Club appointee)

Phillip Sidney (Surfside appointee)

John Walstab (Surfside appointee)

Kerry Chrysiliou (Penn Sport appointee)

Peter Peters (Penn Sport appointee)

from http://www.seaeagles.com.au/family

And NOT hard to see what a replacement of the two Football Club board members more sympathetic will do to the Sea Eagles.

Do the words " Total Control" mean anything to you ???

tookey said:
The Wheel said:
Hey Vidmar - any chance of getting an update on here post todays meeting re Brookie Redvelopment?

There was a small comment in the Daily this week saying that Abbott's $10m was only a recommitment of the $10m that labor had already promised for Brookie before the election.

Abbott needs to be taken to task about his lack of funding for brookie as all the years he has been in government all he has given us a some new lights.

That....and the fact that the 'recommittment' comment is total BS! There was no way that was the case.

Just add it to the growing list of broken election promises I guess.

I doubt we would've seen any money...no matter who got elected.

Southpark had it right, it really is a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich!

Thanks to all...I have a much better understanding of what's going on....Pity those that are in the contest don't explain it as well.

Cheers boys, this has woken me from the off season hibernation

The Wheel said:
Hey Vidmar - any chance of getting an update on here post todays meeting re Brookie Redvelopment?

Hello mate,
I'll see what comes out of the meeting and post on here when I hear?

vidmar said:
The Wheel said:

Hello mate,
I'll see what comes out of the meeting and post on here when I hear?
Hey vid are you aware of whose the NSW cup coach in 2014 is it still willow?

This should not be about " personalities" it should be about what's best for us as members.

Vote carefully everyone there's probably not been a more important vote than this one for a decade.

CentralCoastEagle said:
Just had a phone call from Max asking for my vote. He's a really decent bloke.
Did he mention what his team may do differently to the current board?

CentralCoastEagle said:

The last I herd of max was that he was bankrupt again. He must not be long out of it to be standing for the board. I think the last time was the 2nd time he had been declared broke.
I wonder why the n s w rugby league kicked his origin legends company he ran, out of the league last year. ?
I also remember him saying in the paper years ago that manly should let beaver go to another club and play.
I think the bloke is a real loose cannon with his mate Zorba. They are both on the leagues club board and have put there little group together to get control.
I wish he would ring me.

lovefooty said:
CentralCoastEagle said:

The last I herd of max was that he was bankrupt again. He must not be long out of it to be standing for the board. I think the last time was the 2nd time he had been declared broke.
I wonder why the n s w rugby league kicked his origin legends company he ran, out of the league last year. ?
I also remember him saying in the paper years ago that manly should let beaver go to another club and play.
I think the bloke is a real loose cannon with his mate Zorba. They are both on the leagues club board and have put there little group together to get control.
I wish he would ring me.

I think you may be getting your Max's mixed up

So why does the district club need change? What can change guarantee to make better than what we have? I'm a voting member who lives interstate and from where I sit the issues arnt with the MWDRLFC but some of the other boards and I think that peoples dislike for the Sea Eagles board could be taken out on the football club board.

lovefooty said:
CentralCoastEagle said:

I wish he would ring me.
Really poor form buddy I know you heart is in the right place but max krillich is a very decent man.

Before anyone accuses me of supporting the rebel ticket I will also add the members of footy club that I know and have interacted with are also very decent people.

I think you would be better off taking the approach mark from Brisbane did and talk about what the current board have done well rather than sling mud at a club legend.

manlyfan76 said:
So why does the district club need change? What can change guarantee to make better than what we have? ..
It really is as simple as I stated before - to get one more vote to give the Penns the 4/7 majority = control of Sea Eagles Franchise.
They have 2 as co-owners, the Leagues Club sold their 1 vote to them to give them 3, but its still not a majority.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 30 June 2012

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 49.562%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum) 37.191%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.247%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 0.0% (1 share)

Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share
Structure of the Board of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

2 Directors appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited
2 Directors appointed by Surfside
2 Directors appointed by Penn Sport Pty Ltd
1 Director appointed by Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited*
* Under its financing arrangements with the Penn Family, the Leagues Club has agreed to appoint whomever is nominated by the Penn Family.

The Chairman of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles is selected from the 7 appointed Directors.

Max Krilich etc are irrelevant, what the 'Your Club Ticket' does not guarantee is that their vote will be for the good of the Footy Club.

Whilst the existing Footy Club Board has demonstrated this consistently.

There have even been court cases bought by the Penns to get their attempts to seize control.
To rescind Perry's appointment - FFS:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-in-a-mess-as-board-members-go-to-war-over-perry-appointment/story-e6frfgbo-1226462029426

Last AGM of the Leagues Club was the most aggressive attempt to discredit the Chairman of the Footy Club via a Court case involving the Licencing Commission.
The Leagues Club Members voted down every point and made it obvious to their Board that their agenda was transparent, childish and will not be supported.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manlyleagues.com.au%2Fdocs%2F2012-annual-report-web.pdf&ei=lPKYUoOfL-eeiAfql4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNH3xguYt4zx0rmLeuPW0xAP5dDHHA&sig2=odVw54DgNh07MdB514UABA&bvm=bv.57155469,d.aGc

The Zorba v Darrell Williams AVO is also about removing a Footy Club Board Member.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-manly-player-peter-zorba-peters-granted-interim-avo-against-darrell-williams/story-fndv31ch-1226717169833

Past results show that Perry has the skills to recoup Manly's financial viability.
The Footy Club appointments for Coach, Recruitment, Players and Junior League is premiership class.

But it's all going to be decided on the 19th December, so cast your votes and live by its consequence :cool:

CAMBO said:
lovefooty said:
CentralCoastEagle said:

I wish he would ring me.
Really poor form buddy I know you heart is in the right place but max krillich is a very decent man.

Before anyone accuses me of supporting the rebel ticket I will also add the members of footy club that I know and have interacted with are also very decent people.

I think you would be better off taking the approach mark from Brisbane did and talk about what the current board have done well rather than sling mud at a club legend.

Sorry had a few reds after work. Max was a great player . I was told by a an old player that comes into the cafe that Zorba and max asked him and other former
players to take out the current board, he was told that the Penns dont like the foot ball club board and wanted the league club to take over the football club.
The bloke who told me played with these guys and is a life member. He told them to p*** off.

I can't vote as I don't have my 3 years up yet but as a member I support the board. They defend our rights with out fear against a lot of **** that has been flung at them.

I only said he was a decent bloke. I can & will vote, but just as in all elections I will vote on issues & policies, not on personalities.

CentralCoastEagle said:
I only said he was a decent bloke. I can & will vote, but just as in all elections I will vote on issues & policies, not on personalities.

That makes way too much sense for a footy forum.
I think I'll be voting the same way now I've seen the light :)

tookey said:
The Wheel said:

There was a small comment in the Daily this week saying that Abbott's $10m was only a recommitment of the $10m that labor had already promised for Brookie before the election.

Abbott needs to be taken to task about his lack of funding for brookie as all the years he has been in government all he has given us a some new lights.

Sounds a bit like he promise re education funding,,,,,,,,,

HappilyManly said:
manlyfan76 said:
So why does the district club need change? What can change guarantee to make better than what we have? ..
It really is as simple as I stated before - to get one more vote to give the Penns the 4/7 majority = control of Sea Eagles Franchise.
They have 2 as co-owners, the Leagues Club sold their 1 vote to them to give them 3, but its still not a majority.

* Under its financing arrangements with the Penn Family, the Leagues Club has agreed to appoint whomever is nominated by the Penn Family.

The Chairman of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles is selected from the 7 appointed Directors.

Max Krilich etc are irrelevant, what the 'Your Club Ticket' does not guarantee is that their vote will be for the good of the Footy Club.

There have even been court cases bought by the Penns to get their attempts to seize control.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-in-a-mess-as-board-members-go-to-war-over-perry-appointment/story-e6frfgbo-1226462029426

Last AGM of the Leagues Club was the most aggressive attempt to discredit the Chairman of the Footy Club via a Court case involving the Licencing Commission.
The Leagues Club Members voted down every point and made it obvious to their Board that their agenda was transparent, childish and will not be supported.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manlyleagues.com.au%2Fdocs%2F2012-annual-report-web.pdf&ei=lPKYUoOfL-eeiAfql4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNH3xguYt4zx0rmLeuPW0xAP5dDHHA&sig2=odVw54DgNh07MdB514UABA&bvm=bv.57155469,d.aGc

The Zorba v Darrell Williams AVO is also about removing a Footy Club Board Member.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-manly-player-peter-zorba-peters-granted-interim-avo-against-darrell-williams/story-fndv31ch-1226717169833

Past results show that Perry has the skills to recoup Manly's financial viability.
The Footy Club appointments for Coach, Recruitment, Players and Junior League is premiership class.

But it's all going to be decided on the 19th December, so cast your votes and live by its consequence :cool:

You make a lot of valid points but isn't the penns selling off the stake in the club?

CAMBO said:
HappilyManly said:
manlyfan76 said:

You make a lot of valid points but isn't the penns selling off the stake in the club?

I have been told they are awaiting the out come of this poll. Zorba has told them he and max can deliver control . If Penns go so does Zorba. If the Penns and zorba stay and the get control , Perry will be gone.

CAMBO said:

There has been some talk of this in the media, but I dont believe it as they had been approached before and didnt go ahead.
However, if the takeover of the Footy Club Board fails this year, as the changing of the Leagues Club did last year, they have run out of options for controlling votes of the Sea Eagles Board.

I live in the area, and the talk in the cafes is that this Your Club Ticket is a takeover strategy.
We oldies are the history keepers and want to share in the ownership of our local footy team, and we remember the past deeds of the contenders.

So I am hoping that there is a large turnout on the 19th, just like we all turned up at last year's Leagues Club AGM and stopped the insanity then.:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6