Koroisau!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Which is fine. So long as we pick up wins along the way and are in a position to finish strong - that's what matters. Actually considering some of us had figured we'd be 0-8 that would be excellent.

Nup I had us 1/4 & 3/8

I was wrong about 1/4 but think I'll still be right about 3/8.

Whilst not trying to be negative I know where this may place us at years end ( somewhere between 8-12) which some will disagree on but given the changes this year , the time to gel a total new side and coaching department , and now a 4 week layoff to a key player it's probably right.

Agree with a lot of what's been said. Api's running game and defence was fantastic, but his passing and kicking game was average. The only time the ball got wide effectively was when Snake chimed in at 2nd receiver.

Walker at 5/8 can work when DCE hits his straps and takes full control and Walker can play more of a roaming and running role. However, while DCE's out, Walker is trying to be a ball player which doesn't suit him. At least until DCE's back, I'd like to see Walker and Killer swap, and keep Api at half. Api has the running game, while Killer has the passing and kicking game. If it works well, I'd even be inclined to keep Killer at 5/8 when DCE returns, with Api on the bench.

I know our attack at times missed the final mark, but souths had NOTHING! They were saved via some last ditch goal defence. We completely out muscled, out enthused mauled them for most of that match but still lost. 2 points in this comp is so vital!

I saw a few posts on FB last night praising Souffs defence which made me laugh. The fact is that poor attacking options from us made them look a lot better than they were. Api and Walker had great running games, but their kicking and passing undid a lot of their good running. And sometimes I felt that both ran the ball too much. It became predictable that Walker was going to run to his left when less than 20 metres from scoring, and Api became easier to read because he wouldn't pass to Killer but always wanted to step back inside and head for the posts. Killer, Tommy, Skivy and Jorge might have seen a lot more ball last night had DCE been out there.

We had Souffs right side defence shot to ribbons more than a few times last night, but it was poor options or poor passes (2 or 3 times Walker passed behind Snake who luckily kept hold of the ball) that killed us there. And there was also a few times where Walker chose to run instead of passing to Taupau who only had turnstile Keary in front of him

And don't get me started on their non-existent attack last night. Their 3 early tries were softer than a Mr Whippy ice cream. Once we realised that the game had started, as you said, they had nothing. Keary flopped around like a headless chook, G1 made the odd cameo into the backline but generally did nothing, and they relied too much on Sam and his brothers making big metres up the middle which after 10 minutes didn't happen.

Brilliant running game from Api.
I do think however, that as a team, we are relying too much on idividual brilliance to score points this year.
One thing I've noticed too in the celebrations after tries just one or two guys, usually our newbies, run in to celebrate, man-hug and the rest.
Unlike previous years where the try scorer is mobbed by ecstatic team mates
Effort and guts certainly seem to be there. Most are doing their individual best for the team.
IMO they're not yet a team who have clicked to share a common goal where everyone is working as a one against the enemy.
If Baz can get them there this team has great potential.

Matai played busted and it showed in his defence. Good to see Jorge get thru a game without dropping the pill. We should have won last night that was definitely an opportunity lost. I'm glad the forwards showed some tinker just a shame they started the game 16 mins after Souths did. Looking forward to better starts.

Api had a great game, no doubt. He showed he is up to it. The only negative i saw was, having both walker and api in the halves. They are both runners, dont pass enough. The centres just dont see enough ball.

They are all quality players, we just need to get the mix right. Based on what i saw last night swapping killer and walker about may help in the short term.ive never been a fan on switching killer but with this current roster i can see it working

But if dylan is the long term 6 , its a hard call to switch him at this stage

Maybe they could switch a bit at times . Mave a few plays here and there. Not sure but blaming the centres for last night isnt right

I hate to say it mate but Matai is the one that goes I know he is a great player for a long time, it's time for him to probably hang up the boots along with Jamie and probably snake I know big call for some stupid call but the more space and ball walker, Trbojevic get the better we should go and buy a good young centre and start building for a new era of the backline. We could go like this

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
6.Koroisau
7.Cherry-Evans

Tautau Moga is off contract I'd personally sign him up with feldt the yr after

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8