Koroisau!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why do you think Lyon had a quiet game ? Possibly because we had a halfback inside him who wouldn't pass the ball ?

Api had a 10/10 running game, absolutely brilliant. But in terms of everything else you need a halfback to do in a game, he was probably 3/10 at best

He could be a perfect bench man covering 9 and the halves

Snake over ran the pass but he made up for it with a great try. Mr negative why don't you take some positives out of a game for once we have had a new star half re born!

He has a great running game but everything else we require from a half is not there or not high quality. I would not be messing up my pants like you, re star half being born. But great to see him play well. I want him in the 17 somewhere.

Why do you think Lyon had a quiet game ? Possibly because we had a halfback inside him who wouldn't pass the ball ?

Api had a 10/10 running game, absolutely brilliant. But in terms of everything else you need a halfback to do in a game, he was probably 3/10 at best

It's is Lyons choice to call the ball and I could see all night he didn't want to go looking for it like skivvi Tom and Tafua. Koroisau did everything we have been needing from DCE over the last month. Hope he stays at 5/8 with DCE at 1/2 and walker to centre, Matai may need be dropped to accomodate that backline but he has been terrible in defence is the last month.

Agree *5000

Way way too many por options on the fifth tackle, if Lyon is free to call for the ball than the halves are free to not die with the ball half a dozen times on the last. Poor communication and Api as the senior half was poor in running the game overall.
Having said that he had some great moments obviously.

See how he goes over the next few weeks first. He can't kick or pass but is light footed and dangerous.

Matai defence has been poor but was really really good with meters made last night and getting the team going forward. His second half defense was good as well and made some crunching tackles. Lyon has been poor or year but can't drop him.

Id see how he goes with some more games in that position but the good thing is at least we have some options and more depth this year

I thought that last night Koroisau looked like a natural 7, but if I recall correctly didn't we sign a contract last year with some other bloke to play that position?

It's probably a move for next year. Matai and Killer deserve to go out respectfully. But the club should also respectfully decline Killers wish to play on. A new spine of

Tom Turbo, Api, DCE and Parcell - wow! PLUS Walker in the centres...

plus Tom Wright, & Lavaka (+ J Ramien), in the backs and Fonua Blake in the forwards the future is not too bleak

Bullseye

I thought last night our best were Api, Vave, & yes Jorge... great to see him catch a few bombs, tackled well and hit up strongly

Matai to bench. Api 5/8, walker to centre. That's the combo..Matai supersub cover centre incase of injury. Or be a quick footed back rower for shorter stints
I would probably go with api to bench. Then in second half bring him on as a running 5/8 and shift walker to centre and leave Matai on as a running back rower. If a half or 5/8 goes down Api can cover there. Brown can cover centre back row from the bench.

He played really well and has another three weeks to show what he can do (ie a kicking game) but you can't move walker.
Walker is a work in progress and is getting exponentially better each week. Just be patient and thankful that we have so much depth competing for spots. Matai played very well last night. Lyon will warm up as the season unfolds. injuries will sort things out for us organically this year. No need to callously cut a couple of legends when it will work out organically. Top eight looks a certainty after that effort last night and we could come home with some real momentum when things click. 2017 premiers.

Matai won't last playing in the forwards. His body can't handle it.
Yeah, that would be the biggest problem. He makes a lot of meters from dummy half. Not sure about one off the ruck straight up the guts.

As i said in a previous post, i donr see manly finally working out their top 17 to around half way thru the season

It's a shame teams need to defend - it would be great to have Api and Walker playing as Left / Right side ball running 5/8s. Daly playing roving 1/2, directing play and taking the option to run himself on occasion.

Combined with the class of our backs and the power running of the forwards - bloody tough to defend against!

I'm not sure we could afford to give up a 2nd row spot in defence though, especially against the bigger sides.

Yeah, that would be the biggest problem. He makes a lot of meters from dummy half. Not sure about one off the ruck straight up the guts.

As i said in a previous post, i donr see manly finally working out their top 17 to around half way thru the season
Which is fine. So long as we pick up wins along the way and are in a position to finish strong - that's what matters. Actually considering some of us had figured we'd be 0-8 that would be excellent.

Which is fine. So long as we pick up wins along the way and are in a position to finish strong - that's what matters. Actually considering some of us had figured we'd be 0-8 that would be excellent.

That's why last night's loss hurt. i dont mind losing to a better side. At the start, i was just hoping not to get flogged and set myself for a loss - the further the game went on, I was going to be more upset losing as it was a match we could of and should of easily won. I know our attack at times missed the final mark, but souths had NOTHING! They were saved via some last ditch goal defence. We completely out muscled, out enthused mauled them for most of that match but still lost. 2 points in this comp is so vital!

That's why last night's loss hurt. i dont mind losing to a better side. At the start, i was just hoping not to get flogged and set myself for a loss - the further the game went on, I was going to be more upset losing as it was a match we could of and should of easily won. I know our attack at times missed the final mark, but souths had NOTHING! They were saved via some last ditch goal defence. We completely out muscled, out enthused mauled them for most of that match but still lost. 2 points in this comp is so vital!
Anyone who's played sports knows you can have an encouraging or confidence building loss. Hopefully that was and we go up a gear against the Warriors.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6