1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Koroisau or Parcell?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Nov 6, 2015.

Koroisau or Parcell to start in 2016 and beyond

1. Koroisau

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Parcell

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Obviously this is one of the big questions not only for 2016 but the future also, who will be our hooker in 2016? For me best option is Koroisau but I think Parcell will take over him in quick time. Parcell is what great hookers are made of:

+Good running game

+Good passing

+Great support play

+Good defence

+Good work rate

+Destroys the ruck

+loads of tries!!!

This kid is predicted to be the future aussie hooker, so what happens to Koroisau? IMO Parcell will probably be our hooker in the future plus it makes me think of what will happen to Koroisau, I reckon api may go to sharks but he could also do a Granville and Austin and come out of nowhere!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Give me a season & i'll get back to you...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  3. Blue pill

Blue pill Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 49
    RLW article with Barrett has him using both through the year

4. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,346 / 56
    Parcell is the better player potential, but Api has more experience giving him the early advantage at hooker.
    Still see both having versatility to at times be on the field at once.
    By seasons and Parcell will be the best buy of 2016 Imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    Expect both to be in the 17 each week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Api to start, Parcell off the bench

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Ain't it great to have some depth?

We've got a great forward pack for next year. Can_not_WAIT!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Parcel is going to be a superstar , has all the attributes to do so and has already tasted FG.

Most certainly the buy of 2016, but I guess Kapow will get that honour.

Yep I'm excited as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. smithy

smithy Active Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 8
    Koroisau for mine. As mentioned comes with more experience. Parcell looks good but relatively untested at this level. Many are talking him up as a future rep player although the kid is 23 and hasn't established himself yet above QCup. Jury's out. Hope he can come in like Damien Cook did at the back end of last year for the dogs and dominate like that for us.

10. Johnno74

Johnno74 New Member

bundaberg qld
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    As stated in a previous post Matt Parcell is a gun, and does not have a bad game

11. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,523 / 134
    If Parcell was the future Australian hooker, he'd still be signed to the Broncos and be their first choice hooker...instead he is 23, rarely been sighted in FG and was released by his last club to move a million miles away from home to get an opportunity.

He has achieved nothing yet and has everything to prove, so I will wait and see with Parcell.

Api handled the pressure cooker of FG Grand Final with aplomb and has more experience. I think he gets the early jump!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    If Api was that good he would have tied down a first grade spot at stuffs or riff. Instead he is at another NRL club.

13. Sideline Eye

Sideline Eye Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 4
    Parcell has stated publicly he wants to play hooker and has not given any thought to nor be told he will play at 5/8. Api can and has played at 5/8 and may find himself there depending upon how Tom T goes. Good headache for Barrett.

Personally, both will be rotated like Balin and Lestrange were in 2008, which seems to be the way the game is played today. I personally believe Parcell would make a great 5/8 for he has great foresight, attacking flair and can read a game quite well but them so do most good hookers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sideline Eye

Sideline Eye Active Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 4
  15. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    Koroisau to start with Parcell coming off the bench when the forwards are tiring with the reduced interchange next season should put us in a good position to rip through teams late in both halves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    A few things to consider guys.

1. Will Koroisou be able to play this season? Not sure if his head will be in the right space. Family first, the guy may be going through some serious therapy (poor, poor man :( ). If so, I'd like to think he's our starter.

2. If Koroisou starts, I think we need four props / backrowers on the bench, mainly because of the utility value we have in guys like Symonds, Meteo, Buhrer, Brown and others. This means for mine, Parcell starts in NSW Cup, and plays his way onto the team.

3. To begin with, when Koroisou gets injured, Brown takes his spot at Hooker off the bench, otherwise Brown is a wide running backrower, and interchange between DCE, whoever plays 5/8 and Matai / Taufua.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Ha! I just watch Manly except for the finals, so I haven't really noticed either. I'll leave that up to Saint Trent to figure.

18. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,523 / 134
    I never said he was "that good", but he is more established that Parcell...not to mention Issac Luke was the player in front of Api at Souths. There were multiple occasions last year where Api was started ahead of Segeyaro and the Penrith fans commented on how they preferred his no nonsense style. Add to that a Grand Final appearance where he chopped down the Bulldogs pack effortlessly for 80 minutes with little preparation and you can see why I think he should start ahead of Parcell at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,847 / 192
    Experience at this stage will override potential. I agree with Api getting the early jump through his proven NRL experience.
    The Broncos also disregarded Ballin and DCE and time will tell if they are wrong again

20. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    I know, i said that.