Know what - just have to say this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Souths got done, fair and square last night. Gotta say they competed strongly prob up until the 60 minute mark when at that point it was clearly game over. Souths also didn't have a week off, like us and have had many injury concerns, like us. The question is: why didn't we compete on Friday night? Because whatever spin gets put on our performance, we didn't compete. That's the elephant in the room.

No elephant mate, you don't need to over complicate a very simple situation. We dropped the ball and made error after error. It's not rocket surgery, we were crap.

Baz, some things just can't be answered.
But...Here's some questions that are easy to answer
Who would you rather be?
A supporter of a team that has a) never "won" a spoon - ever! b) won at least one comp every decade for the last four; c) averages a GF appearance approx every 3-4 years over the last 40; d) led the fight with Super League; e) are secretly envied, not pitied; f) ARE Manly
or a supporter of a team that hasn't won ( or looked like winning ) a comp in most peoples lifetimes!
Yes, our last game finished disappointingly as opposed to Souths they lost by 24 and we lost by 28 and were never in the hunt. We're just not as used to losing as they are.

bazeagle said:
Souths got done, fair and square last night. Gotta say they competed strongly prob up until the 60 minute mark when at that point it was clearly game over. Souths also didn't have a week off, like us and have had many injury concerns, like us. The question is: why didn't we compete on Friday night? Because whatever spin gets put on our performance, we didn't compete. That's the elephant in the room.
At the 60 minute mark in our game Melbourne were leading us 20-12 – and it should really have been 16-12 due to that unbelievable decision to award Slater his try. We were still in it despite Storm enjoying probably about 70% of possession due to our errors, many on tackle 1.

So you got the wrong room, Baz, or maybe just the wrong elephant. We did compete, desperately, but in the end we gave them so much ball that we couldn't keep in touch with them any longer.

Wow Baz I must of watched a different game, Manly played bad but were in the hunt for all but the last quarter.

The whole team looked tired , exhausted after 10 - 15 mins. We were never going to win it, they gave me the impression 'we just wanna go home and rest'.

Storm looked fresher, more comfortable, at home which is what you'd expect after having a week off.

To really be safe in the semis, in this new finals arrangement, you have to finish either 1st or 2nd.

Guys we were busted...The team has been patched up for weeks....We never had our top team on the paddock for 80 minutes all year....Thats it...we were just buggered and it showed

There's no conspiracy. Manly played like error ridden crap, while the Storm were clinical.

Maybe it is always going to be difficult to win B2B in this era. Having to play in England before the season starts sucks and puts the team under enormous pressure early on.Then you have Test matches and SOO and your best players play many more games than the other teams.Plus injuries and suspensions affects teams stability.If a team finishes in the first 4 at the end of the season the players have done well.I hope the players have a restful break and come back refreshed and rearing to go for season 2013.

bob dylan said:
Wow Baz I must of watched a different game, Manly played bad but were in the hunt for all but the last quarter.

Seriously, we were NEVER in that game!! Sort of like how a cat plays with a mouse for a while before killing it.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
To really be safe in the semis, in this new finals arrangement, you have to finish either 1st or 2nd.

I think you mean you have to be in the top 4 and win the first week.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:
At the 60 minute mark in our game Melbourne were leading us 20-12 – and it should really have been 16-12 due to that unbelievable decision to award Slater his try. We were still in it despite Storm enjoying probably about 70% of possession due to our errors, many on tackle 1.

So you got the wrong room, Baz, or maybe just the wrong elephant. We did compete, desperately, but in the end we gave them so much ball that we couldn't keep in touch with them any longer.

Hey, we did compete, we just didn't complete.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2