Knights V Sea Eagles game chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179957.msg217457#msg217457 date=1238914044]

If that's the case garts it will give me 1 from 8. 

I'm 1 from 7 so far this weekend.  The only team that has saved me so far is the Dogs.

(I've also picked the Cowboys to win tomorrow)
[/quote]

I'm 1 from 7 too (thanks to the Dogs).

I've tipped the Raiders.

LOL, at least reading this topic has given me something to laugh about today.

The preconceived ideas on certain players in this thread have come through, without actually even watching the game.

Neumann did not cost us that game, far from it. Made 1 error, which was from a blatant strip. 2 tries scored through his channel, 1 his fault letting Sau get outside him, the other he had no hope whatever option he took. He ran the ball ok without being spectacular

I also read Bailey getting a hammering, again, he was far from our worst today. With everyone falling around him, he has been shuffled out to centre for the majority of the past 2 games, and previous to that game he was injured himself and hardly on the park.
If you want to have a crack at the ability of our #6, the Glenn Stewart is the man to attack, and that would be unfair because he isn't a 5/8

Orford again being hung out to dry on here is no surprise. The funniest comment I read was that Orford should have been cut loose 2 years ago, quite simply, we wouldn't have a premiership if we had done that.
His execution was poor again today, but if the pack put in the effort he was putting in, his job would be far easier and he would have more time to do something with the ball

All those observations are based on actually watching the game live, rather than listening to it on the radio

From watching on the tele, Neumann and Orford deserve all teh abuse they are getting.....

Bailey I thought went missing - but I understand that as he went to the centres that is ok..... Though Des should know Orford can't play well if he doesn't have someone to take a little pressure off him.... so moving our 5/8 to centre is a stupid move. Better off having Glen or Rodney there. (Maybe Cuthbo to wing???)

Glenn could not play centre, and Rodney wouldn't be up to it. Either Bailey or Watmough are our only 2 real options when Matai went off

Neumann and Orford are the predictable, easy scapegoats. Look across the 17 and there are blokes as deserving of them for a kick up the arse

Sure. I'm cranky at them all. They are the ones that come to mind. Mainly because I've yelled at them both the most on the tele. Would have been interesting to see it live and see who was doing the organising and putting in effort off screen.

What are the centres like in the 20's?  I vaguely remember big raps on one of them.  Lyon seems to take the pressure of Orford, they worked damn well last year so I would prefer to move Lyon back when available and put someone else in the centres.  

This 6 and 7  thing has me completely puzzled.  Having experimented with Lyon as 5/8th and having that move pay off at the end of last year, then why put him back to centre and start again with Bailey?  Doesn't really make a lot of sense. There just seems to be a general malaise amongst the players.  There's not a lot of power in the forward runs and the backs are a disjointed bunch of players playing out of position.  

I think some of the responsbility has to start coming to Des.

Attitude, allowing off field distractions matter, playing side to side, poor shuffling of players on the field is all coaches responsbility. He needs to turn it around soon.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Glenn could not play centre, and Rodney wouldn't be up to it. Either Bailey or Watmough are our only 2 real options when Matai went off

I would say that we had a player on the other centre who isn't up to centre.... so what's wrong with one more. ;) (But I'm joking).

But more seriously.. in my view putting Bailey in the centres meant that there was a huge chance that Orford would play rubbish and give us very little chance of winning so I think that was a big mistake. Or at least put Ballin or LeStrange into 5/8 as they might be able to do something.

It all comes back to Orfoul.  Posters are saying that he needs some one around him to release the pressure.  Other number 7s don't seem to have the need.  If he is the problem then deal with it.  Promote someone, or go to the U20s or put Lyon back at 5/8th to nurse the little guy.. 

The Australian Players from last year are not standing up.

Our backline is weak without Snake, and 5/6 and centre positions have not been settled - injuries have not helped.

Now..how much do we miss Willow...yes, minimal in attack, but 100% defensive player. Manly miss that.

Nuemann is not a 1st grader, sorry mate, maybe in time.

How much do we miss Bryant? His great go forward in attack when Perry and Kite are off.

Rodney..admirable, but lets give jared wera Heargraves (?? lol) a go.

We do not have an adequate fullback, an important pin in defence and advising the defensive line. Also should provide an X factor in backline moves. Robbo is a good winger, admirable fill in, but No.1, no.

24 games a year....2 byes

12 wins minimum are required to slip in the top 8. (maybe 13?, but it will be a tight comp so i say 12)

Lost 4 already..need to win 12  or 13  from 20, not impossible

the team in form from round 22 onwards is what is important.

But geez...gotta win next weekend!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8