Knights players futures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey said:
If they are not good enough for Bennett then why would we pick them up?

Rule no 1 - don't sign anyone that bennett or Bellyache don't want.

Tooks bennett didn't want ballin

Patterson has potential, but we seem flush with backrowers. Same with Ta'ai, can find the tryline that guy.

Kaufusi has been in the wilderness for the last 3 years, has struggled at Cowgirls and Newcastle snce leaving the Scum. Prefer others.

Chip and Chase said:
Patterson has potential, but we seem flush with backrowers. Same with Ta'ai, can find the tryline that guy.

Kaufusi has been in the wilderness for the last 3 years, has struggled at Cowgirls and Newcastle snce leaving the Scum. Prefer others.

true but he knows how to win & has been in a winning team before albeit a cheating one..
he was trained by one of the best & knows whats needed by the coach.. i`m sure des could bring him back from the wilderness much like he did with perry & too an even greater extent glen hall..

i don`t know about you guys but this is how i rate the coaches
1.bennett(counrty mile)
2.bellamy , hasler
3.hasler bellamy( can`t split either really both deserve equal 2nd , our coach maybe more,only because of the 08 scoreline & how much they were over the cap)..

Taufua shown the door and so has Kaufusi

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/kaufusi-taufua-shown-the-door/2167809.aspx

There are heaps of blokes Bennet has let go that have gone on to make a name for them selves. Ballin, Learoyd-Lars and Taylor just to name the more recent ones. What an obtuse thing to say!

C Paterson (one T) v Manly round 3. 80 mins, 15 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 5 hitups, 36 metres. Source NRL stats.

compare with Mauro same game: 32 mins, 16 tackles, 2 missed, 32 metres, 4 hitups.

Ok, here in a perfect world, this is what I'd like to see:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jared Wearra-Hargreaves
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Sonny-Bill Williams (or OTHER marquee signing)
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Brent Kite
16. George Rose
17. Shane Rodney

Fully fit, this team has impact from 1 through 17. As much as I dislike the way JWH left, I think he'd love to come back, and the players tend to speak fondly of him MWSE.com.

That will totally not happen, but I'd love to see it. For these things to occur, we need to look at the following factors:-

+ Galuvao retires
+ Tony Williams does not sign
+ 2nd tier players released (Cross / Seu Seu) - replaced by Cunningham / Higgins
+ Hoppa goes on a Mormon tour of duty
+ We may just have to let Oldfield walk
+ Mauro released. Just doesn't have any impact
+ Robinson / Harrison retained on minimum contracts
+ Sonny Bill signed in a back ended contract (using TV deal cash)
+ Des Hasler is re-signed
+ New CEO brings is a sponsor or 10, and I have faith he will
+ Hope Riccardi / Drinkwater continue their apprentiship

Shoe1 said:
C Paterson (one T) v Manly round 3. 80 mins, 15 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 5 hitups, 36 metres. Source NRL stats.

compare with Mauro same game: 32 mins, 16 tackles, 2 missed, 32 metres, 4 hitups.

No doubt he is inconsistent so on a bad day numbers look poor, however there are games he has busted the line & offloaded all day at will - the type of player Des could turn into an impact player. Not my 1st choice as a signing , but the Seaeagles have turned less talented players into success stories in recent times.

Yeah there was a game at Blue Tongue, One of their islander props kept breaking the advantage line. I think it was Mark Taufua or Zeb T.

Other than that Tinkler can have em

I can't believe the Knights just signed Tahu for 2 years... that shocks me. After all his problems and disruptions I would never have seen him as a Bennett style player.

Captain of the Gate said:
I can't believe the Knights just signed Tahu for 2 years... that shocks me. After all his problems and disruptions I would never have seen him as a Bennett style player.

Unbelievable isn't it. Perhaps Wayne really believes his Saintly image and see's himself now more of a social worker than first grade coach.

tookey said:
Cambo said:
tookey said:
If they are not good enough for Bennett then why would we pick them up?

Rule no 1 - don't sign anyone that bennett or Bellyache don't want.

Tooks bennett didn't want ballin

Forgot about Ballin

Untrue Bennett wanted Ballin but we signed him from under them. He was coming up through their juniors and Bennett had raps on him. That was one of the true early wins for us

Fonz said:
There are heaps of blokes Bennet has let go that have gone on to make a name for them selves. Ballin, Learoyd-Lars and Taylor just to name the more recent ones. What an obtuse thing to say!

There is a difference between bennett wanting to retain a player and not being able to match other teams offers and not wanting to keep a player.

Did Bennett want to keep TLL and Taylor? I think that he would have liked to keep Taylor but wouldn't match souths offer. TLL had continual back problems when he was at the broncos and never played his best.

With Lazarus, Prince and Ennis i think that you will find that bennett wanted those players but other teams offered more than the broncos could afford.

Bennett has a habit of taking the fun an personality out of players. My prime example is Scott Prince. When we was at the cowboys he has the best post try celebrations, they were hillarious. When he was bought by the Broncos Bennett told him if you want to play in my team you don't act like that. What a dick. Bennett's robots indeed.

Zeb T is a big tank of a unit and hits mighty hard - but has some sort of bad chronic injury hanging around - from memory I think its his neck.

A couple of weeks after the recent Newcastle vs Manly game at Brookie I was visiting friends at Belmont and noticed the local rag the Newcastle Herald having a full back page spread on Zeb and how he just scraped through what he thought was a career ending injury - sounded really bad but I can't remember the exact details. Anyone know?

Found it: http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/pain-in-the-neck-bulging-disc-sidelines-taia-indefinitely/2127668.aspx

Brian Smith cops a lot of bad wraps but he did do a pretty decent job with turning some of those newcastle players around.

Ryan said:
That will totally not happen, but I'd love to see it. For these things to occur, we need to look at the following factors:-

+ Galuvao retires
+ Tony Williams does not sign
+ 2nd tier players released (Cross / Seu Seu) - replaced by Cunningham / Higgins
+ Hoppa goes on a Mormon tour of duty
+ We may just have to let Oldfield walk
+ Mauro released. Just doesn't have any impact
+ Robinson / Harrison retained on minimum contracts
+ Sonny Bill signed in a back ended contract (using TV deal cash)
+ Des Hasler is re-signed
+ New CEO brings is a sponsor or 10, and I have faith he will
+ Hope Riccardi / Drinkwater continue their apprentiship

Sonny Bill is going to want his contract upgraded if the salary cap get a boost. If he is getting 10 %, he will want 10% of the new money too.

Of those on the Knights 'ship out' list I see Steve Southern. What is happening with him, he only just arrived at the Knights? He was fantastic though waning then had that horrific knee injury last year. Worth a low-dollar punt?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6