Kite's Leadership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
I'd like to say well done to Kitey for the intelligence and leadership he displayed yesterday by quickly getting alongside Matai to calm him down on the way to the sin bin. He was still fuming and mouthing off to the tigers and if left unattended it was quite possible that he would have headed infield for more and ended up being sent off. That could easily have changed the result.

Kite handled it really well with an arm around the shoulders and a quick word.

Kitey seems to have his mojo back on the field of play as well this season.

Yep was a great move from an experienced bloke

He is a class act on and off the park, am really enjoying seeing his form getting back to world class

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Yep was a great move from an experienced bloke

He is a class act on and off the park, am really enjoying seeing his form getting back to world class

True!!
Kitey is all class on and off the field..As a person he's someone us fans should be proud of.I've spoken with Kite a few times over the last few years and a better bloke you would'nt find.
He's back to his best and yesterday Manly were unstoppable when he was on the park...

I have had the same experiences with him the 2 times I have had a chat with him. He actually went out of his way and approached me to ask if there was anything he could do for me, i couldn't believe it

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I have had the same experiences with him the 2 times I have had a chat with him. He actually went out of his way and approached me to ask if there was anything he could do for me, i couldn't believe it
Exactly the same with me..
He approached me and asked for my autogragh.I said why? Who do you think I am? He replied jokingly that he thought I was Scott Cam.Was bloody funny moment and we had a long yarn about many different things and I walked away impressed with how he's got so much time for the fans.
Yes! He's a great ambassador for our club....

his a lovely bloke we have seen him around narrabeen a bit

u should see the crappy charade he drives ..... no cap rorts there
:D

Cambo link said:
his a lovely bloke we have seen him around narrabeen a bit

u should see the crappy charade he drives ..... no cap rorts there
:D

How funny is it when he tries to get out of it. Just all arms and legs hahaha

Definitely one of my favorite players. We are the same height but I reckon he is a lot wider across the shoulders :) I was a bit disappointed with his form drop off after his Dad's passing but he is a champion bloke and I am glad he is getting back to his very best. He has lead so many times but the best reward for him was when he sealed the GF win with a terrific try.

Yep, defused what could've been an ugly incident very quickly. Also read an article where big George was saying how he credits a ot of his own form to Kite because he is constantly talking to him in attack and defence and tells him where to be. A true leader.

At the NZ function, we were waiting for the players to arrive and I was at the end where the door was.

Four of the young guys on the trip were sitting on a couch over on one side having a beer.

First in the door was Brent Kite and heads straight for the couch, sits down with the 4 young guys and stays there for half an hour...it absolutely made their day (and trip).

Always VERY approachable and where forwards get a bad rap for being "big and dumb" Kitey is "big and smart"

Champion bloke IMO

That was me and my mates Mark, he did a similar hting in townsville as well he is such a nice bloke so easy to talk to.

Unless your Michael Crocker......and he'll beat the **** out of you !!
Hahahahahahaha....

Go Kitey ! Back to his blistering !

Yeah Jonesey I knew it was you, but didn't want to use names of course, I remember the smile on yours, Simon and Mitch's face when he did that.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Yeah Jonesey I knew it was you, but didn't want to use names of course, I remember the smile on yours, Simon and Mitch's face when he did that.
next time use names we dont keep secrets here lol..;D

I met him at the theatre when the 08 GF game was replayed.  He was great, unassuming and very approachable.  Nice guy, and I liked it when he showed Matai the way off the ground on Sunday.  Dreadful sinbinning though, and I can understand Matai's anger.  Good to see him charging into them.  Has he had an effect on Perry too?  One of his best games since the Goons game. 

What to say about the inigma which is Brent Kite,Jesus.....
He has been a terrific player and clubman for our team,However during 2009 and the early parts of 2010 he seemed to lose alot,His running wasnt as hard and everytime Ox/Ballin/Hodko passed him the ball i groaned in frustration,praying for him to do 2 things

RUN THE BALL HARD AND DONT ****ING DROP IT

Lately however i get excited when he gets the ball,he runs hard and he doesnt drop it,he doesnt knock on like he used to in the play the ball and has come back to his 2008 form

Im sure he had a hard time of late with his dad's passing but the thing
i would put my finger on as his killswitch was Bellamy picking him out of a terrible Blues outfit and more or less blaming Kite for the loss,sure he didnt play that well but there were 16 other morons on the field failing at theyre job of winning the origin trophy

From what I have heard Shane Kite's dropping wasn't much to do with his on the park form and more to do with his lack of drinking in the bonding sessions

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4