1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kite

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crushercleal, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Has any work been done on Kite's conditioning in the offseason? He has absolutely ZERO leg drive. He also has a habit of lowering himself as he's about to be hit, and just goes straight down. BK on the otherhand keeps going as he's getting tackled. I don't think the staff have done their job with this guy. He's still young and should be improving as he goes on. What is Blocker doing with him? For a guy of his size he should be making 10-15 metres consistently, not the paltry 5-10 he's been offering.

2. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    justed watched the bulldogs game, and he made plenty of runs where he dragged players with him.

3. Crushercleal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Fair enough, maybe I'm only recalling the ones where he went backwards - oh yeah that was most of them.......... 8)

4. earl

earl Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    going to ground just as you hit the defensive line was being encouraged a few years ago in the forwards to try to eliminate being rolled onto their back and thus causing a slow play the ball. But since the introduction of the SURRENDER rule , where defenders are allowed to hang on a bit longer , the above tactic is useless. Best to give it up do like BK.
    BUT Kite had a very good game as did all the forwards. :clap:

5. Crushercleal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I can't fault Kite's willingness to do the hard yards. He made plenty of hitups. I'm just saying that I think he could be a 25% better player if there was a bit more mongrel in him when he takes it up. I think he should be harder to stop. We know he has it in him - we all saw that try he scored against the Dragons.

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6