• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
First thing i did when i got home was checked the result, was pleasantly surprised by Mr. B Kite's stats, stick it up 'em Kitey.

Kite was good tonight. Worth noting that no points were scored against us whilst he and Rose were on the paddock. Attack and defence was good from both of them.

His runs were full of enthusiasm and with purpose and it showed with one of his best stats for the year. And CW is right, he was really into the defensive aspect of the game as well. Welcome back big fella.

Best for a while, ran hard at the line, didnt stop or jump at them and didnt turn his back, if he can keep playing like that his form will be great.

Rose and Wolfie are going to be cult hero's i love the way Rose plays and he looks like he is enjoying it! champion

To be honest I didn't actually notice Kite much at all, but from the stats he's obviously just quietly gone about his business of making ground without much fuss. Just like he always seemed to when he was in form!

Yep... big kitey's best game this season last night.. along with big georgie rose. Both bookends led the way last night.

Hopefully kitey keeps building... we need him

Kitey still has a way to go.  He still hasn't stopped the action of falling forward and down into the tackle instead of trying to press hard through the tackle and keep driving.

On one occassion in the first half (I think) on our side of half way Kite ran an angle back through the ruck and was in half a hole.  He could have burst through the defence and hole but didn't.  Instead he stopped and turned and let the defence tackle him.

He needs to do more work at not falling forward when he hits the defensive line.  It seems as though he's worried that he could get hurt in a tackle.

hes not concerned about getting hurt, hes trying to get on his elbows and knees to facillitate a quick play the ball

Yep, spot on Biscuits, my coaches have been trying to teach me that technique all season to get a quick play the ball

i coach a 19s team kiwi and its a delicate balancing act. You dont want them to concede to easy if there is another couple of metres or an offload possible, but you also dont want them caught in a futile wrestle while the rest of the defensive line retreats for the next tackle. The technique isnt the difficult bit, its knowing whne to employ it that needs the most attention

I run upright, trying to break the tackles, and they have been trying to get me to lower the shoulder as I hit the line. The merit in what i was being shown I could see, but the 4 high tackles I copped 1 match trying to employ it made it seem less worth it haha

in coaching the technique to my boys i took it up, shouldrs forward and hips lowered with my left arm held upright slightly infront of my body to protect both the ball and my chin. Boys being boys, they wanted to belth the coach and came ii with a bit extra, as expected. Contact was made with my left arm, and rather than protect my chin, my fist cannoned right into it and left me dazed. The boys still laugh about it and call me "glassy"

didnt see the game and only heard bits and pieces.

I assume rose and kite came off the bench sine we did not have the ball in the first 15 minutes, otherwise those stats are huge

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2