Kite will leave us when contract expires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to lock Kite up for the long term. The last 2 tests have shown me he is one of the best going around right now. Add to that representative "experience".

Additionally, I saw him being very vocal in the final tonight with the other test forwards, so I think he's maturing as a leader as well.

Interesting to read in the paper today, there is a get out clause in his contract, so 07 may be his last in the maroon and white.

I just thank god Banaghan isn't his manager. Then again, Nth QLD scoffed at what he was asking for Monaghan, and he may not even be around if the hearing about his "dealings" in NZ doesn't work out in his favour.

Back to the topic. We NEED Kite. Take him out, and we have:-

8. Jason King
10. George Rose
15. Mark Bryant
16. Glenn Hall

and that aint a Premiership bunch of props.

Read the rest of the Manly Daily articles from today Ryan. It reports that Manly are entering into talks with Kite and have options up until 2009.

Also a good article on Kylie Leulaui leaving and how he claims the coaching he has had at Manly is the best at all four of his clubs. Also talk of Sione Finefeuiaki stepping up next year, having been brought on slowly by the club.

Read the rest of the Manly Daily articles from today Ryan. It reports that Manly are entering into talks with Kite and have options up until 2009.

Also a good article on Kylie Leulaui leaving and how he claims the coaching he has had at Manly is the best at all four of his clubs. Also talk of Sione Finefeuiaki stepping up next year, having been brought on slowly by the club.

AN outstanding Tri-Nations campaign for Australia will see Manly step-up negotiations to secure prop Brent Kite for life.

It was revealed yesterday Kite has a clause in his lucrative contract which allows him to shop around at the end of next season.

Kite is contracted until the end of 2009 on a deal worth $300,000 per year.

His manager Daryl Mather confirmed to The Manly Daily that his client has the option of pursuing other clubs for 2008.

But Manly boss Grant Mayer stepped in yesterday in an attempt to sign Kite for the rest of his career.

``We'd be crazy not to be talking to him,'' Mayer said.

``We'd be very keen to get him on board long term.

``He has been the form prop of the Tri-Nations and was very good for us in the back end of this season.''

Kite will come off the bench for Australia tonight in the Tri-Nations final against New Zealand at Aussie Stadium.

He has played a strong role for Australia in their battle to regain the Tri-Nations title, both in the starting line-up and as a reserve.

Mather said he will discuss Kite's long-term future with Manly coach Des Hasler in the coming weeks.

``I'd be shocked if Des didn't want to work with Brent and myself to secure his future,'' Mather said.

``I've had nothing but great feedback from Des on Brent's performances.''

Brent and his family are very comfortable at Manly and I'd be confident of getting him a long-term deal,'' Mather said.

Kite last night said he was excited about coming off the bench in tonight's decider at Aussie Stadium. ``What better way to end the year than to win the Tri-Nations trophy back,'' he said. ``It's been a long year, but a game the side has been looking forward to all series. The Kiwis will be tough and I'm looking forward to getting out there.''
------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY was it revealed yesterday that Kite has an "out" clause in his contract? For fun Dave?
The way I see it, something has come to a head, and Kite has been offered something elsewhere (hence clause being "revealed" yesterday) for 2008. Once notified by whomever, Mayer has gone into damage control, and now talks will happen.

I've said it before - I personally believe there is communication problems at the club.

I might be looking too much into it, but others in this thread suggest he doesn't like the attitude at the club for whatever reason....and as I have said above, our props without Kite look atroucious.

As I said when I first posted this thread, it is all about being closer to family for Kite, not the dollars. I was informed he will go back to the Raiders, where it all started for him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6