Kite wants Manly flavour to Test squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Kite wants Manly flavour to Test squad
8 minutes ago.  | AAp
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2008/10/06/Kite_wants_Manly_flavour_to_Test_squad

Churchill medallist Brent Kite says Manly's NRL premiership-winning players should be rewarded when Australia's Rugby League World Cup squad is announced tomorrow.

Kite was judged best on the field in last night's record 40-0 thrashing of Melbourne at ANZ Stadium.

The Sea Eagles prop is a certainty for Ricky Stuart's 24-man Kangaroos squad, but today was adamant several of his team-mates should also be there.

Asked if he believed the premiers should be rewarded, he said: "I do."

"That's what usually happens and I think we've had guys on the fringe of the Australian team for a while now so it would be great to see a handful of the guys in there," he said.

"I thought, not just on last night's performance, Anthony Watmough was just outstanding.

"I'd like to think there might be a smokey in the outside backs.

"Josh Perry, he's got to be, he's the form front-rower. Jamie Lyon and Matt Orford maybe (and) Glenn Stewart."

Kite was Manly's only representative in the May Test match against New Zealand, while fullback Brett Stewart was the only Sea Eagle who played State of Origin this year.

Non-drinker Kite fronted the media today at Sea Eagles headquarters after celebrating with his team-mates until around 5am this morning.

"There's enough emotion going around to really enjoy last night," he said of his alcohol-free partying.

The Sea Eagles returned to a massive reception at Brookvale last night with the NRL premiership trophy.

"We just had to really push our way through there and everyone was keen to touch the trophy and I was carrying it so it was a bit of a battle," Kite said.

Manly will farewell club legend Steve Menzies, centre Steve Bell, prop Mark Bryant and utility Luke Williamson with a premiership.

Hooker Matt Ballin said Menzies was a man in demand last night.

"I think he signed that many autographs and photos last night which he's happy to do so he had a great night."

Realistically Kite and Brett Stewart should be in the squad. Glenn Stewart is also a standout whilst one of Robbo or Wolfman should get a wing gig. Lyon, Perry and Orford will come into consideration, though I would be surprised if any other Manly player got a run.

Matai's shoulder will not allow him to play for the Kiwis.

Lyon has pretty much chucked the rep stuff in unless he has changed his mind.

Have we all fortgotten the ****fight that blew up round origin time?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2