1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kite not charged

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DVS Matt, Sep 15, 2008.

1. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    O'Meley free to play as no charges laid
    AAP
    Sydney Roosters hardman Mark O'Meley has escaped charge over two separate incidents from Friday's bruising NRL qualifying final loss to Brisbane.

O'Meley knocked out Broncos prop Joel Clinton with a shoulder charge in the second minute of the 24-16 loss and left Broncos hooker Michael Ennis with a head wound after making contact with his knees in the 12th minute.

But the NRL's match review committee cleared O'Meley of any wrongdoing, with no charges laid from any of the weekend's four qualifying finals.

It means O'Meley will be free to play in Friday's semi-final against the Warriors in Auckland along with teammate Nate Myles, who also escaped a citing despite his late shot on Broncos halfback Peter Wallace.

Canberra centre Colin Best had no case to answer despite being placed on report for a high shot on Cronulla's hat-trick hero Misi Taulapapa in the Raiders' 36-10 loss.

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    It would have been a joke had Kite been charged. How O'Meley got off I will never know!!

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    It could be that the match review committe has only finished the Roosters/Broncos and Sharks/Raiders games. They may still be working on ours and the Storm/Warriors games. So I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

4. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    "with no charges laid from any of the weekend's four qualifying finals."

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,119 / 287
    Andy Raymond on the Fox Sports commentary said Matai deserved at LEAST two weeks in his opinion for his tackle on Reynoldson, then bought it up again at the back end of the game. Well done Andy.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Fair enough, I should learn to read. Good news then, and rightly so.