Kite in the clear ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just saw this update on Facebook, no mention of Kite

"Judiciary update guys - the following players COULD miss game time if they plead guilty - Michael Weyman (1 week), Ben Lowe (1 week), Luke O'Donnell (3 weeks). Any of these going to affect YOUR team?"

You beauty, it is official

www.nrl.com

North Queensland lock Luke O'Donnell's minute of madness in the Cowboys' 23-16 loss to the Wests Tigers looks to have cost him at least three weeks on the sidelines.

O'Donnell has been charged by the NRL judiciary with a grade two dangerous contact offence after an ugly tackle on Tigers fullback Beau Ryan which saw his neck twisted.

The tackle prompted a minor melee and the Australian representative was sin-binned just before half-time.

O'Donnell will be out for three weeks if he enters an early guilty plea but risks fours weeks if he decides to challenge it.

It was a fiery night for the 29-year-old who was penalised four times during the game including one incident in which he launched a spray at referee Gavin Badger.

Two charges have come out of South Sydney's 28-10 win over Newcastle with Rabbitohs utility Ben Lowe looking at a one-match ban for a grade two careless high tackle.

Knights centre Junior Sau faces the same length of time for a grade one dangerous contact to knee or legs.

Dragons prop Michael Weyman also risks a one-match suspension for a grade one striking charge during his side's 34-16 win over Brisbane.

Manly's Test front-rower Brent Kite will be able to play in Monday's game against Melbourne if he enters an early guilt plea for a grade one careless high tackle on Cronulla winger Blake Ferguson.

Depends ho you read, looks like he will miss the game from the report below;

Manly's Test front-rower Brent Kite could miss Monday's game against Melbourne due to 41 carry over points, if he enters an early guilt plea for a grade one careless high tackle on Cronulla winger Blake Ferguson.

I thought he had carry over points from the high shot he got slugged with in the Tigers game. I might be mistaken but didn't he get charged and took the early guilty plea and escaped suspension ? If that's the case then Wheel's report makes more sense.

I hate this rule that any head contact gets you in trouble, short of his arms falling off there wasn't anything else Kite could do to avoid the contact

From memory he picked up 44pts for the Round 1 shot, maybe this is 44pts again ?

And didn't they bring in a rule that drops points of for each clean game you play ? Am pretty sure they did after Smith missed the GF

Don't know if loading still applies for similar offences

Shouldn't be as confusing as I have now made it for myself

Now it's (nrl.com) saying this:

Manly's Test frontrower Brent Kite will miss Monday's game against Melbourne if he enters an early guilt plea for a grade one careless high tackle on Cronulla winger Blake Ferguson.  ???

If that's the case Galavao can push up to the front row. Buhrer or Lussick to debut of the bench.

It was soft, but the refs seem to view us more harshly than other teams.  Just look at two of the tries we were denied on Sunday as a case in point.  I can't believe Isack Luke wasn't cited for his lifting tackle in the Souths/Newcastle game.  Souths seem to get the rub more than most.

Luke had his arms around the legs of the tackled player and lifted above the horizontal.  Should have been a penalty and on report.

I'm bloody sick of these penalties.... what else could kite do??? It's a hard contact sport these things happen get on with it.... even the one that collected Glenn Stewart I thought was just unlucky and should be play on.... game is going soft

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6