Kite/Harrison and Robinson Disgraceful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
Last night the metres gained by Kite/Harrison and Robinson was only a combination of 71 metres.

This is the reason we lost. no go forward. TO have a starting prop make 47 metres and your lock forward making 17 metres is disgraceful. off the bench robinson only makes 7 metres.

King made over a 100m that is fair but still needs to be improved on.

Any side with the amoutn of drop ball and those metres gained would be beat.

They need to pick up their game next week. We need Joe G back.

So when the other side has 70% possession in the 1st half, and the starting front rower leaves after 20mins or so, how do you expect him to make the metres ?

Pretty sure kite was in the top 2 tacklers at halftime

Having the ball makes all the difference.
I would be happy if Harrison doesn't start again though,
some glaring defensive mistakes early in the game.
Buhrer has to be in the starting 13, he is that good.

Reminds me when everyone was whinging about King in SOO last year. While he was on the field NSW had less than 30% of the ball.

And in both instances playing in a pack thats getting beaten up only adds to the insult.

For starters it was 72m! Harrison must have been injured because he only played 24 minutes and didn't come back on, Robinson didn't come on until the last 15 minutes and we were throwing the ball around a bit and he only got a couple of runs. He did make 15 tackles however. I thought Kite had a pretty good game actually, we just never had the ball. I know its what the stats says, but whilst they can help give an indication of what happened, to pick on things in isolation like that doesn't tell the full story.

Think it was just one of those games after many weeks on the road, mixed with a cold and wet night at Shark Park and a desperate sharkies team looking to get the monkey of their back.

Don't think many of us will be slitting our wrists over one mediocre performance, just part of footie.

slickster71 said:
Last night the metres gained by Kite/Harrison and Robinson was only a combination of 71 metres.

This is the reason we lost. no go forward. TO have a starting prop make 47 metres and your lock forward making 17 metres is disgraceful. off the bench robinson only makes 7 metres.

Sorry slickster
The thing that's is disgraceful is you ability to analyze a game
Of footy.
We lost due to lack of possession in the first half some of which was caused by poor ball control and a great last tackle kicks from carney.

slickster71 said:

Watching the game without the benefit of stats, I thought Kite had a very strong game considering the conditions and amount of possesion. Stats aren't always a true indication of a players effort.

I'd usually try to stick up for our players but this is happening more and more often.
No other NRL side has to rely on their backrow to do the props work.
Stats are coming more and more part of the game. For those that don't like it. I swear clubs look at a players stats before signing them especially forwards.

Maybe its time for a kick up the ass for the props. 'Moneyball' them ie if you don't make 100m a game you'll find yourself in reggies.

With 30% possession you can't make 100+ meters.....Everyone has been giving our props massive wraps in the first two games now we lose 1 game and all of a sudden they are hopeless??? Get over it we lost 1 game.

At the start of the year we would have all taken 2 from 3 so I agree get over it we have only lost one game. You watch the doomsayers they will be after 2V and DCE next!

I see they are complaining about Killers Goal kicking on another thread. What next !

Stats are like mini skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital

eagles2win said:
I'd usually try to stick up for our players but this is happening more and more often.
No other NRL side has to rely on their backrow to do the props work.
Stats are coming more and more part of the game. For those that don't like it. I swear clubs look at a players stats before signing them especially forwards.

Maybe its time for a kick up the ass for the props. 'Moneyball' them ie if you don't make 100m a game you'll find yourself in reggies.

And miniskirts are like Cambo going to Thailand.

You can keep ignoring the stats (adams apple, big hands etc) but in the end your going to be wrong.

A bogan Cronulla surfie called Kite a fat useless clown when he was warming up on the sideline last night. The guy must need a guide dog! Obviously he didn't watch Kitey dominate in the 2008 GF!

Footy stats can tell you everything & nothing! Baseball stats are a more exact science due to the nature of that sport.

Fluffy said:
And miniskirts are like Cambo going to Thailand.

You can keep ignoring the stats (adams apple, big hands etc) but in the end your going to be wrong.

you idiot :)
you saw the girl i hung out with in thailand u mong

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4