Kiss of Death

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With all this talk of us scrapping into the the top 8 has just confirmed for me that we will fall short - maybe 9th or 10th
After a good win against Tits, every man and his dog is tipping us for a top 8 finish, you know what that means KISS OF DEATH.

Our next 8 games are against decent sides , ill be happy just to win 4 more and land us on 24pts, but wouldn't complain if we make top 8

It will come down to us, the Dragons and Penrith for that 8th spot IMO. I think the rest of the top 8 are safe - so it's the Dragons that we could replace, but our run is extremely tough. The one advantage of that is the confidence we will have should we make it. It would mean we have beaten most of the top teams to get there, which will do wonders for our toughness and momentum.

The main challenge is that we are a long way off defensively compared to the top teams. If we can tighten up our ruck defence and find some punch with our meter eaters, then we are a genuine chance of doing this. I just don't know if we have the consistency that we need, 2 or 3 big efforts won't be enough - we need a big effort every game.

With all this talk of us scrapping into the the top 8 has just confirmed for me that we will fall short - maybe 9th or 10th
After a good win against Tits, every man and his dog is tipping us for a top 8 finish, you know what that means KISS OF DEATH.

Our next 8 games are against decent sides , ill be happy just to win 4 more and land us on 24pts, but wouldn't complain if we make top 8
I think 24 points is realistic for Manly, that is not a bad result considering where we were a month ago, the finals is a long shot and we have to realistically win at least 6 of the 8 remaining games, the fate of the draw is we have to play the current top clubs in the run in, so if we do achieve a semi final berth it will rank amongst one of the clubs great achievements considering we were stone motherless last not that long ago. We have the players, experience and we seem to be free of all the negativity and if Manly get it right, look out!

Agree with the original post

I think we have left our run too late
We will finish 10-12th place( those 2 close loses to Penrith and the Cowboys I feel will be the difference in us not making it.

Really like how we are playing at the moment and would be thrilled if we some how make it into the top 8.

All ask of our boys over the coming 8 weeks is play with some pride for our jumper, don't give up when the going gets rough which it will,win a few more games this season to avoid the wooden spoon and have a crack at making 8 while on the way destroying a few of the teams chances of top 8,4 or even top 2.

Going to be an interesting 8 weeks ahead.

Last edited:
Agree with the original post

I think we have left our run too late
We will finish 10-12th place( those 2 close loses to Penrith and the Cowboys I feel will be the difference in us not making it.

Really like how we are playing at the moment and would be thrilled if we some how make it into the top 8.

All ask of our boys over the coming 8 weeks is play with some pride for our jumper, don't give up when the going gets rough which it will,win a few more games this season to avoid the wooden spoon and have a crack at making 8 while on the way destroying a few of the teams chances of top 8,4 or even top 2.

Going to be an interesting 8 weeks ahead.
The back to back losses to the Riff and Cowpokes where we lead for most of the game I think will cost us a berth, we were so close in both games.

I think we will make the 8 . Every team we play now will and should be worried . If any team goes to sleep manly will pounce , if and if our defense is in order .

It really is the old cliche.....1 game at a time
The only game that matters is the next game against Cows.
Can Manly make it - Yes
Will they make it - ???
Can only control 1 thing - Manly results - other teams who are ahead today, will have plenty of say that shapes the final outcome.

I think we will make the 8 . Every team we play now will and should be worried . If any team goes to sleep manly will pounce , if and if our defense is in order .
Sterlo Show last night had Cory Parker and the usual James Hooper on the couch. Sterlo asked CP who will move into the 8, CP replied Manly :)
So both Sterlo and JH seemed incredulous till CP explained (paraphrasing) 'You are always looking over your shoulder once Manly gets their players on the field. We know how much damage they can do'. @:cool:
-26:00 mins Sterlo and JH reckon the Sharks :eek:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=sterlo-on-the-couch-_1227443593398&vc=222

Last round was only the 3rd time in 18 weeks that we had our regular 1 ,3,4,6 7.
Jorge and Hiku are yet to complete our regular 1-7 being all in the one team in 2015.:wait:

Lets continue to soar up the ladder, 10th spot is possible this round :clap:

Last edited:
It really is the old cliche.....1 game at a time
The only game that matters is the next game against Cows.
Can Manly make it - Yes
Will they make it - ???
Can only control 1 thing - Manly results - other teams who are ahead today, will have plenty of say that shapes the final outcome.
This is the best way to approach the situation both for the team and the fans. Keep your heads down, keep on winning and what happens, happens.

The back to back losses to the Riff and Cowpokes where we lead for most of the game I think will cost us a berth, we were so close in both games.
Not to mention the inability to kick a goal against the Dishlickers at Brookvale, or the 'down on attitude' performance against Canberra in Albury. I thought the latter was the real nadir of their season. Or the 'no try' to Turbo Snr at a crucial time in the first Penrith match, or Foran's brilliant effort (earlier in the same game) in dropping the ball over the line.

Do we REALLY have to play at Gosford? In previous seasons losing a match here and there wasn't disastrous, but beating the Boncos this season is shaping as being vital. To give up our advantage of playing at Brookie looks like it could cruel our chances of scraping into the top eight.
We'd have a full house at Brookie for that match, ensure a profit for the Penns, whereas I'd reckon we'll be lucky to have 10,000 at Gosford.
I'm calling for a switch back to Brookie. How locked-in are we to Gosford? And why?

Do we REALLY have to play at Gosford? In previous seasons losing a match here and there wasn't disastrous, but beating the Boncos this season is shaping as being vital. To give up our advantage of playing at Brookie looks like it could cruel our chances of scraping into the top eight.
We'd have a full house at Brookie for that match, ensure a profit for the Penns, whereas I'd reckon we'll be lucky to have 10,000 at Gosford.
I'm calling for a switch back to Brookie. How locked-in are we to Gosford? And why?
Have you seen the ferry prices they want?
As per the #StongerTogether motto, there will be no Supporter Bus option again :cool:
$170 for nibbles, $360 with dinner. So the Penns will get some $$$ that the NRL won't get a cut of @:cool:

Manly will be in their Marvel jersey, so its best that they don't wear kiddies costumes to Brookie :swear:

Could not agree more, 4 more points to our current total and we'd be in this up to our armpits BUT I reckon we will pull up maybe 10th, and after where we have been that will be a major success story!!

We need 16k people to turn up to Brookie to break even.
Not profit......break even.

We wouldn't get much more than 16k there on a beautiful day, with the season on the line.

I dont know how much Central Coast Stadium give us to play there, but I would have to assume that a profit is guaranteed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2