Killers future - poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killers future 2016

• Move to 5/8

Votes: 46 46.9%
  • Stay at centre

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Retire

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Dont know but we need him somewhere with his experience and captaincy

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
Why does Hiku look like usain bolt when playing for the kiwis and an overweight slug when he's playing for us? speaking of weight Mateo could lose a few kilos too.

As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, Killer has earned the right to choose his retirement year, be it this or the next (or even the one after but I doubt it!).

He'll know when his body is not up to the required standards of the NRL. He'll feel it when the body says "no more", even if his heart and head are still game to go. Anyone who's played and retired knows this: you get to a point and you just know you can't do another off season and no matter how much you want to you know another season is out.

Let him decide.

Last edited:
Wayne Bennett says to all of his players that its better to retire one season too early than to retire one season too late. It is really tough to judge that but I fear that Jamie may be headed for later.

Wayne Bennett says to all of his players that its better to retire one season too early than to retire one season too late. It is really tough to judge that but I fear that Jamie may be headed for later.

I've met greg conescu on a number of occasions...and I think Bennett may be right!

I havent looked at all the replies but 5/8 is the way to go... 4 reasons ...

1. Other centres are running around him.
2. We won a G.F with him at 5/8.
3. His experience is vital.
4. And most importantly his running game will allow DCE to be more creative. Foran is starting to stifle Cherry's attack.

The Kiwis have beast forwards that give him time and space, which we dont have

If that's the case y does semi radradra and korobiete destroy teams with their powerful running and scoring tries??? Which is exactly what hiku or tafua don't do. Neither parra or storm have beast like forward pack

There's been a lot of talk on here about Killers future. So what do people see for 2016? I'm assuming Foran is gone. Personally I'm going for the 5/8 option as I think that makes room for the younger guns and killer can make up for his reducing speed there. The only concern to me is his body holding up.
We cant let JL go completely. 5/8th for starters and see how he goes, subject to his decision as the end of this season. Let him have the benefit like Cliffy Lyons and be a year by year option. The salary cap is mesing the game about and it needs to be ireviewed each year or clubs wont ever have one club players. I'd die if I couldnt see out my career as a one club player with MANLY or MAN UTD and I'd bet you'd feel the same. Go The Eagles and Go The Red Devils.

1Snake 2Taufua 3 Matai 4 Gutherson 5 Tom Turbo ( Form can decide where Hiku plays . No more automatic selection for him in 2016 )
Gutherson and Tom Turbo are ready to play in our back line and would be wasted in NSW cup
Killer is our Best option at 5/8 . Use the money to buy a quality forward instead of a quality 5/8

Jamie played that first half like a man possessed!

What a great start to the game from everyone but especially him.

While i want Gutherson in the backline somewhere, Jamie's defence is still vital to our team.

If pushed, i'd play him at 5/8 and give Gutho a chance, plus he can also kick goals and may help with winning tight games that we have lost in the past due to goalkicking.

A real captains performance by Jamie last night.

Take a bow you legend!

Yer I'm thinking 5/8 so we can fit tom t and gutho in . He showed last night he can still do the hard yards and we need his calming influence and experience. His injuries have been niggling without being to serious and with a good preseason under his belt all systems go.

That kick was pretty special and very reminiscent of the sort of freakish things he would pull off 2-3 seasons ago.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6