kieran is a LOCK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I know i have said it ad nauseum but the sooner we get this great young kid in the 13 jumper the better.he is dallas johnson with some skill thrown in and will toughen our defence in the middle next year as he will no doubt be a bigger and stronger player with another year on him.

as i mentioned last week the inexperience of our halves is being shown up weekly now with TH once again receiving the pill on an angled run and foran always trying to beat the outside shoulder.matai must then iether go sideways or take an inside line.it is extremely obvious.

having said that what do we do at 6 and 7 next year.who knows.i missed DCE yesterday but it seems from reports he was a bit flustered against a better side than burliegh.we must give him first crack and be patient.these guys take 2 or 3 seasons to control a sise around a paddock.maybe jamie will be forced into the 6.

next year will be the start of our rebuilding phase.our forward pack will be exactly the same and a year older and that cant be good.we need to throw the kids that are good enough like hoppa,whare and oldfield into the mix from the outset and be patient.i see a couple of mid table finishes coming in the next 2 years as we build again.that is how footy works these days unless you cheat the cap.

susan link said:
I know i have said it ad nauseum but the sooner we get this great young kid in the 13 jumper the better.he is dallas johnson with some skill thrown in and will toughen our defence in the middle next year as he will no doubt be a bigger and stronger player with another year on him.
  I'd just be happy to see him in a Manly jumper.  The Eels will be looking for a 6 when Cooper commits to Union.

I don't remember you saying he should be in 13. The way he is going he will be lucky to be in the starting 13.

he has a long way to go tbh

ive been disapointed in him this season

but he seems to be a golden child on here

I can't see that he deserves any crap put on him.  A half needs 50 games to find their feet, he's not there yet.  He runs hard and straight, a lot better than we've seen from Orford in recent years.

hes got an average kicking game and doesnt have that killer ball in him to put a player through a hole

Whilst I don't doubt Foran would make a good fist of lock, we have a more pressing issue of whom would cover his spot in the halves if he is moved. No point strengthening one position to severely weaken another. I'd be leaving him at 5/8 for the time being, but we could really do with a decent 1st receiver to allow him to play his running game.

Kieran has been disappointing this season, not quite as great a fall from grace as Daniel Mortimer, but another victim of the second season syndrome. He could probably play lock, but I think Matai would be better there. He takes the ball up and plays like a forward, although I'm not sure that his body would hold up.
I wish T-Rex had a quarter the passion that Matai has. He'll crop several weeks for his late hit on Ennis. But at least he was trying his heart out.

I 100% agree with the rebuilding and throwing in the young guns as this team needs a freshen up. Not sure about Foran as a lock atm.

Matai was best on field for Manly, apart from that hit.  And that hit - in an instant - likely killed any real chance for us in the semis.

If Foran is lock how does he make the team with Watmough, Rodney and G Stewart playing?

I think he may well develop into a lock in time. I see him as a centre until then as he has enough pace. One thing i will agree with , i dont see him as a 5/8 or half

i have said he should play 13 half a dozen times MB(last week for example) and i am in no way bagging him.i reckon he has great potential.The bloke bench presses more than anyone else at the club and is only 21.He is just as big as johnson and ive no doubt just as tough.he is not a natural ball player,his kicking game is ok but not great, but is a punishing defender and good hole runner when given the opportunity..would seem a good fit at 13.agree with Cand C though.what do we do at 5/8 then-unless we get another player capable with the ball he may well remain there.

rodney is a good player and has been a good firstgrader over a number of years.foran has the potential to be better than good and rodney has played almost all his carreer at penrith and manly off the bench.i would love to see a bench with a good big young prop,without a fat rose(if fit,he is special but atm he just doesnt cut it),a bit of spark out of dummy half to relieve ballin late in the half,shane rodney and a big rangy secondrower like fifita who can do a props job if we are playing it tight.
one mistake we have made i think is to have a bench with 4 props where only 2 or 3 of them are turning up each week.we need someone dynamic off the bench.maybe lussick or harrison may help.

MANLY4LIFE link said:
hes got an average kicking game and doesn't have that killer ball in him to put a player through a hole
His kicking game needs lots of work if we are to compete in 2011. He's a running player. Reminds me a lot of Travis Burns. Every time we are in an attacking position on the 20, it is guaranteed that during one of those tackles Foran will run to the line, dummy and go himself. He is easy pickings for most defenses. He's only young but I have my doubts.

Similar to the great Ian Martin of the late 70's, can switch very effectively between centre, lock & 5/8. Not sure where he's best but I'm glad he's in the team.

I think next year we should start him at six, but if it isn't working out, (or Brett no longer has the pace at fullback) maybe we could go with:

1 Hopoate
6 Stewart
7 DCE
13 Foran

I'd be excited for next year if we had signed a half and a prop for depth, but Lowey tells us that isn't on the radar.  That would worry me except he is such an awesome CEO I am sure he has it in hand. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2